WTB: Light Pickup (Tacoma or Frontier style)

Looking for a light duty truck, 4x4 and stick. Dont really care what it is, or how old, must be able to pull. Prefer an import will consider most anything, and something with little to no work needed. Looking around $7-8k.

If youre going to be towing cars Id look for a fullsize. The smaller trucks dont have the power to tow like a bigger one, especially on hills like I88.

Id atleast look at a Dakota since you can get a v8 in one.

I towed a car with an S10 with a v6 and it barely moved going up I88. I couldnt get it out of 3rd gear when climbing hills and I blew up the clutch not long after doing that. All I towed was a gutted Celica on a dolly to the Cobleskill fair.

Get an older tacoma and we’ll TDI swap it.

I got a 05 Ranger with the 4.0. I’ve towed my car out to Nebraske 4 times and Texas once with it (about 4800 lbs total). I also towed my race car with it for 3 years to various dirt tracks (about 4200 lbs). Probably have 25,000 plus towing miles on it. Never a problem…Other than people used to tell me I couldn’t tow with it…

Red my buddy has a GMC sonoma high-rider for sale with like 90k on it, 4x4, 4.3 v6 stick job. think he wants 8k for it. Its also an extended cab with the jump seats in the back.

I had an 03 Tacoma, 4cylinder… that thing couldn’t tow shit. Get the V6 if you plan on towing anything.

What are you looking to tow? i had a newer tacoma with the v6 and i trailered a few cars with it but i wouldn’t recommend anything smaller then the 4.0 v6, as it really isn’t ideal for towing that much weight (even though it’s rated for 6500). If you’re not looking to tow a car then just ignore my post.

Basically I want something I can off road but also be able to trailer a car to the track. I really liked the look of your old Tacoma jse. Might be interested in the gmc dgage. I just have out grown my crv(it can’t tow more that 2k lbs) and have a friend that wants it.

What about the silverado for sale here?
http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=32709

PM’d