wtb or want to try out ,1.8t MAP sensor

I need one … 2003+

any of you got one laying around? I think mine is faulty. I would really like to swap it out to see if this is the actual problem … if so, ill purchase the part.

or a stock dv would be cool too

I dont have one anymore.

Easy check is vag com and look at what the sensor reads at idle. It should read atmospheric pressure. Then log a pull under boost and compare it to the boost gauge in the car.

Whats it doing? throwing codes?

it throws a po238 every once in a while (but then goes right away). Sometimes the car drives 100% , others i get a lil hiccup. Kinda weird. It only happenes at low rpm and it will throw me into limp mode, if in limp mode… i turn the car off and on again and im back to normal. Everything ive looked into points to the map sensor.

dont have vagcom :frowning:

My brothers audi does that same thing it sounds. it runs like a champ and all of a sudden it its dog shit slow (no boost gauge since it just a ARP flash and thats it) i think its in limp and only boostin 3psi or what ever it does. But even while driving it, WITHOUT cycling the ignition it will all of a sudden fix itself and run great again.

The map sensor can be tested with a multimeter too. I can look it up on the bently and find the readings from the pins. Its just a resistance reading IRC.

I just found my cable last week, so if you wanted swing down to my house, grab the center caps and we can scan it over a beer or two.

also looking for a stock DV for a 1.8t , if any of you have one laying around … let me know

have neither, but haz vag com. what DV do you have currently? highly doubt its a problem

what software also? GIAC? try to reflash it if you have the loader.

is it soft or hard safe mode? my stock turbo would go to hard safe if i did a big pull in 4th or 5th, it would over boost and then only make 5psi.

Hey Jordan, totalny forgot AGAIN… ill checking the part number tomm… Just pm me In the am tomm.

Super sorry bud

mk4 30r -Yeah i have GIAC , and i tried reflashing it … even put it in stock mode and that doesnt even seem to change anything. It goes into hard mode , 5psi … then i turn the key off and on again and its back to the mornal spike 20 level off at 15. And i have a forge DV

tdi - its cool bud, no worries. Just let me know whenever you get a chance. Everything on vwvortex points to that part but when i talked to the guy at vw today he said he highly doubts it would be that. I took mine off to clean it but the damn thing was spotless, and im clueless

seems the po238 code is super common but nobody ever talks about what they did to fix it.

forge DV is good man, i ran that for 4 years before i went to the TiAL.

check the wiring, the chance of the sensor going bad is low. might even be a bad o-ring on it causing a leak of some sort.

i can scan it, just gotta charge my laptop up.

yeah the oring looks to be in great shape as well … i checked the wiring from the sensor to where is combines with the other wires and it looks to be fine, i didnt see anything out or the ordinary.

yeah if you would help me scan it that would be great. Let me know whenever your free …