map sensor issue on a turbo civic

so this is my issue… I have a 2000 civic ex that has a d16y8 single overhead cam vtec with a t3/t04 turbo on it and every year i seem to have stupid issues inspecting it but this year I expected it to be different, it is running fine but i get a random CEL for 1128 having to do with the map sensor lower than expected. It seems to only happen when a slight dig of a gear but i am wondering if my sensor is just going and i should replace it with an oem or simmilar unit. let me know. and just to stop it in advance i am not going to change my fuel management because i still will not pass a nys inspection.

You’ll have much better luck with greddy emanage as it actually changes the injector pulses instead of fudging the MAP voltage. I think the AFC hack is the problem like we talked about before. If you think it’s the MAP (I don’t think it is) then you can probably pick one up from a member on here for next to nothing (I think I actually have one).

i think your correct. my other thought is can i get a 3bar map and run that to trick the ecu or will that not work?

The scaling of the sensor is different and it still won’t work. Use smaller injectors and less correction or just run the car rich for a while maybe.

i have a gm 3 bar ill sell

thanks that is what i did. it ran like a pig for a few days to have a clean drive cycle and then passed inspection. now it is back to normal. I think i am over the crap with nys inspection on this.