Civic CEL code issue help please (honda guys come in please)

first off i have an obd2 2000 civic ex that has a d16y8 sohc with a t3/t04e turbo, front mount walbro 255lph fuel pump, 440 injectors, vafc2 controling the injectors (no need for comments) i have been fine with inspections for 4-5 years but this year i cannot go an entire drive cycle without setting off a 1128(map sensor) code. i have tried putting in a missing link thinking that might help but it didnt. my question is does anyone think getting a 3 bar map will help or will i still have the same problem

please dont just say i need to change my ecu and chip it because that will not help the inspection issue. any other help would be great.

so this was was turbocharged for 4 years with a stock ecu and no missing link? anyways…a 3 bar map sensor will definately not work, the stock ecu is programmed to read voltages from the stock map sensor, the 3 bar will send different voltages than the stock sensor so it wont work.

if you havent already i would try a new map sensor maybe that one is just junk. with the missing link it shouldnt throw any map sensor codes, or just disconnect one of the charge pipes, put a filter on it and dont boost on it just to make sure, also make sure the missing link isnt in backwards(not sure if it can be put in backwards but its just a check valve).

Get cash

Bring to Synapse

Leave problem free

Get inspected

Look for girls (or guys if you’re into that)

P1128 = voltage lower than expected… that could be your AFC, honestly. You have to remember, it’s fooling the ECU into seeing lower MAP voltage in order to cut back the injectors. You are lucky that you didn’t have this before. Try easing up on the AFC hack, its not an over-pressure situation here.

hybridthry911-thanks for the ideas- thanks for the info on the 3 bar i was un sure if the 3 bar just allowed the ecu voltage to go beyond the normal limit of the stock or if it changed the voltage. im going to try out jdaniels idea then if that doesnt work ill give a new sensor a shot. then if that desnt do it ill try pulling the charge pipe but thats last resort because ill have to do a complete drive cycle, if i was going to go that far ill pull the 440s and run the stocks and a rrfpr and the missing link for a week.

boostcreep please keep your comments to yourself because they are not productive. synapse tuning the car will not help me pass an inspection.

Jdaniels- i was thinking its the afc i did change some of my settings so ill try changing back. i have had the cel come on for this in the past a few times but nothing like this. maybe adding a little more fuel on the afc will avoid the 1128 code. thanks for the thought

You forgot the part where he turns the car back to stock, and runs if it for an entire cycle before getting it inspected… and the part where he pays for an OBD1 ecu + OBD1 to OBD2b harness, installs the aftermarket equipment again, and pays for a tune… only to have to de-mod and re-mod every year before and after inspection.

Lol.

thanks no one seems to understand that unless they have an obd2 car. i wish it was easy. it is not a money thing i just want to run well and be able to pass an inspection without swaping a bunch of crap. This is not a track car or a race car it is a daily.