WTB: Paint Job-details inside.

Alright guys, I have a 97 Talon ESI. Its not much, but it is my car. I have sanded it down to the original primer/basecoat and taken care of things here and there on the body and its now good enough for a quick spray I think. I dont need a 3000 dollar paint job for this car. I just want it to be a nice Summer DD and its garaged in the winter. I called Earl Shiebe (I know) and they offered BC/CC for 499 with 3 Y/R warranty… I also have been reading on here and saw theres some members who also paint and I would rather throw my money at them and leave the cash as well as the Talon in good hands. So does anyone think they would be interested in taking this on or know/recommend anyone who can take care of a BC/CC paint job for around that price. I have the car masked off for the most part, I have all the trim off and bumpers/other misc pieces. I can have it towed anywhere around pittsburgh. I can also send pics upon request incase they may be needed. Thanks for the space.

pm me i can probally do it but not for500

PM sent

if you buy the paint and tape it ill spray it for 300

does that include you scuffing? wax n grease remover? and more…

all he needs is bc/cc? you got the rest?

yes…scuffed with scotchbrite/wax and greased/tacked and sprayed. If its taped and ready to spray as he states it is, that means it should be scuffed already. If not your going in the wrong steps. If you scuff befor masking the masking tends to hold dust/dirt. If there is any body work it will need to be under primer. If there is any spots where you broke through the original clear and base you will need to put some sort of primer/sealer 2k product over it so it does not lift ring or shrink…unless you are using a waterborne product.

Anyone want to do a super black paint job with smoked clear?

i’d spray it for you for cheap, but at this time i don’t have a garage to do it. I have everything else, just nowhere to do it.

Thanks for the offers guys im in the works wih a few…just want to not break the bank. rent is kickin my ass keep info suggestions offers comming. thanks

i have the same problem, I sprayed my bros car last spring but the county got me and i got fined…it was more than the paint job cost

get what you pay for!!

this should be one of the ten commandments!

they fined you for painting? outdoors or what?

no I was in the garage… It wasn’t really smart the way I did it either. Anyway guys I have decided to go ahead and do it my self again. I picked up all the materials for a temp out door booth 20’X16. Thanks for all the offers, but if throw my extra time at it I can get away cheaper this way and still end up using good PPG products. Any color suggestions? again it’s a 97 talon with 99 eclipse rear cover and sideskirts. Roof is going to be black most likely just as always. So what door for the body.

puke green or hershey squirt brown…maybe even gay bob blue! :slight_smile:

sonic blue :wink:

white. lol

I was going to pick between a darker burnt orange metallic, toyota quicksilver fx, British racing green, 350z blue, a glossy ass black or some sort of metallic cinnamon red. Anyone have specific colors they like?

call 724 880 0108 tell him Rich sent you, if no answer text or leave messege, his name is Scott!

Ford Dark Shadow Grey

Hot Pink LOL