WTB: Projector

Looking for something at least 720p, and with good contrast ratio for cheap. Anyone have one they don’t use much anymore?

Typically I don’t like to bump stuff in under 24 hours, but I’m eager to buy one of these things and i’m not coming up with any leads. I emailed 4 people from Craigslist this weekend with no responses yet.

whats cheap?

I pm’d you referring you to what I have and thats considered “cheap” considering theres $5-6k projectors out there.

I want used for under $400. There is no reason why I shouldn’t be able to find something 720p and 3000:1 for under $300.

I’ve already found some on amazon for around that, but I was hoping to find something used and local.

what are you gonna use it for? jw

Instead of giving you a 3 page reply can I just say a science project?

if indeed its for a science project…

If using it for internet demos and shit even a shitty projector would look decent.

For movies and what not lower end projectors will annoy you.

If I can use it for other things as well thats a bonus.

What specs differentiate between a $4k projector and $400? I don’t see anything like refresh/frame rate being listed anywhere for these.

pm shady, he helped me find a decent one. I bought a shitty favi rio 1080p led projector at first thinking it would look clear as fuck for like $200… Was the shittiest thing ever. Shady looked up price/effectiveness and suggested a couple ones for me.

well yea, it has a 480 native resolution, contrast of 1000:1 and only 400 ANSI brightness. they have projectors the size of a smart phone that can do better than that.

edit; depending on which one you had. They’re all pretty low end.

Not sure if you bought one already, just saw this; http://sellout.woot.com/sale/23622

Light output, resolution, contrast, quality of lens, whether or not lens allows for manual adjustments for tilt controls etc. Sure theres others but I am not a projector genius.

It comes down to a couple things really;

What your using it for
How it will be mounted and projected and distance, ammount of light in the room etc
How anal you are

If you want to use it for media content like movies and TV, your goign to have a hard time finding anything for under ~700 bucks thats going to look even somewhat decent. Also IMO and maybe im just anal but for any Big TV and especially in a projector, 720 is a waste