WTB: puppy

Actually, dickface, I have first hand knowledge of it. One of my best friends lived in an apartment in Beechview with a Pit and it was too active and too big to be in his apartment. He ended up having to leave it at his parents a couple miles away for about 3 months until he could get out of his lease without a huge penalty.

A duplex and townhouse are far different than an apartment. I grew up in a duplex with a Rottweiler and it was easy. Room enough in the house, and a yard out back for it to stretch out a little bit. An apartment is a far different beast.

Edit - Here is some info from a dog breeding website regarding Pits.

“The American Pit Bull terrier is not a good dog for apartment or small living quarters. These dogs tend to be very active indoors, and need the room to move and exercise themselves at all times. Apartments can be sufficient if the dog is exercised numerous times a day, but if they are not exercised they can be destructive. These dogs also prefer warm climates, as their coat and build is not designed to withstand the colder climates in the upper Midwest and Northeast.”