wtb:Radar detector cable

Buy my V1.

Or you can hard wire it the correct way with a fuse jump so it comes on only when the car is turned on. :number1

Do it.

I need a radar for the bike. The car is useless since I just drive the speed limit to work and back home every day and that’s about it.

V1 wired into rear view mirror harness = billet mount = teh win

co- brah

Please don’t tape the wires together and be very careful just switching the wires around, your best bet is that red=12V. The center of the DC connector and the cig lighter adapter should be 12V. Don’t just switch the wires around, depending on the design of the radar detector you could smoke it.

umm how about a multimeter??

That might be to technical for them :lol

haha yeah im gunna try grounding it and harwiring it to maybe the power cord of the radio idk thats how i did the old one

I think the cigarette lighter plug might be a safer bet

This. We wired it to work with my DRL’s. Car on/off = radar on/off.

DRL=Daytime Running Lights?

You actually wired it into your light circuit :wtf

:rofl

No, it just works on the same fuse. Sorry, guess I should have been more clear on that one.

im telling you to put it on a switch…

bought a plug for 10$ today turns the radar off when i turn the car off thanks everyone

Why the fuck would I put it on a switch when I have it wired to work just fine? :crazy

OP - glad you got it sorted out.

thats why

I turned off X band for that reason, and I’m not sure what cheap kit you have but mine has a silence button that’s located on my steering wheel. Next.

or just put it in city mode same result with “our” radar detectors…he’s got the same one i do which is why i told him he mite want a switch…if we was dealing with a more expensive piece of equipment like yours i would suggest he more properly install it…IE: the more expensive unit that you have installed (in your ass)…