WTB: Sending Unit...

Needa perfectly working sending unit, please send me offers and try to include as much detail as possible (kms of car, etc)…

Thanks.

^^

order one from tanks r us, its in rexdale, they got me a good used one for 80 from califonia

Alright thanks, I’ll definately check it out if I don’t find one here for a week or 2.

Sned me offeres people, I get a headache every time I drive in my car cause my unit leaks, and everything in my trunk smells like gas…

Where is it leaking? One of the barbed fittings?
Maybe you just need a new oring between the sender and tank.

No idea, i’ll probably check soon. And bump.

If I pull out my fuel pump and sending unit will I be able to see wehre it’s leaking from? Shoudl I have a full or empty tank when I do this? I’m a noob teach me :slight_smile:

pop the trunk… lift up the carpet and there is a grey steel cover ( I believe 4 bolts holding it to the floor) once you remove those you can then see the Sending Unit screwed into the gas tanks…

the bolts holding the Unit into the Tank are 8mm but tend to rust and strink (to remove mine… I had to drill out a 7mm Socket to 7.5mm) and then hammer it onto the bolts and it fit no problem… "but a 7mm was to tight and the 8mm was to big) so you may have that problem if their really rusted/in bad shape…

finally… you’d prefer to have less gas in the tank then more (1/2 tank max) but try to do it when your close to empty

If you can get the bolts off holding the sending unit into the tank… then you just gotta remove the rubber lines etc and wiggle the whole Unit slightly and work it outta the tank…

But as mentioned above… you could just need a new O-Ring or it could be one of the Rubber Lines which to tend to wear (happened to me)