Gas tank leaking

My fuel pump and sending unit have been giving me troubles all year, so i just said screw it and replaced them both. After i did, i noticed that gas kept leaking out from around the base of the sending unit. Then i thought to myself, well i didn’t replace the o ring so that must be the reason, so i did that and now i noticed it is still leaking. What is going on? This sending unit is out of a 91 and mine is a 92, does that matter? Because it seems like the sending unit is a bit too long and it is hitting the bottom of the tank and still isnt seating on the tank properly. :rolleyes:

just weld it.

LOL.

they always rust. They have this lip where the seams meet alla around the front of the tank and lil rocks and water sit there and rust it out. mine was leaking in the vert just this week but ended up being the pressure line out the tank. There’s this plastic skirt with 3 10mm bolts, just take theat off, and then start the engine, look for the leak and if it is the tank id just JB weld it up till you can find a cheap tank later on :slight_smile:

The tank didn’t use to leak, only after I switched sending units, I don’t think this one fits properly.

I have a spare sending unit and SR pump. It has the gasket aswell and will work in your tank. Bring me a personal pan or some kuntkey maki and its yours :slight_smile:

All S13’s interchange.

Make sure you put the pump in properly, it is very easy to get the float tangled up

Maybe the Fuel Tank Lock Ring needs replacement, might wanna check on that can be the cause of fumes getting out of the tank.