WTB: server

really try like dell outlet or something they have refurbs and scratch and dent ones that carry the same warranty as new computers and you’ll save a few hundo.

the inventory cycles regularly so you just gotta watch it for a few days and you’ll find something.

You still should know what your buying…not just “a server” You still need to be aware of what a box is designed and capable of doing.

it is a one or two computer network… just about any current machine will be able to handle the load.

Doesn’t even need to be a server grade machine for that matter.

If thats the case, what is the need for a server OS? Just use a desktop machine with xpp

server os still handles longer term operation better, also can setup security and what not.

i would def recommend going with a server os, but that is just me, it is certainly not required.

I guess I would have to know what is being done here. If this is a two node network, I fail to see the need but that’s just my opinion.

I have a dell poweredge 2550 I think. 1.5GB, but needs a scsi hard drive.

I’ll let you know.

Thanks howie. :kiss:

Does your data center have a generator?? How is the climate control?? Fire suppression system?? Raised floors???

hahahaha It sits on a table… that’s it. It’s not anything super crazy just a tower with some crap inside. I have a battery back up. It gets cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer when the AC isn’t on but otherwise not too bad. I blow the dust out of her occasionally. That’s about it. We don’t put a ton of demand on it I don’t think. Then again, I could be talking out of my ass.

all i have to offer is my love.

and some ancient (AMD k6) parts laying around.

I have an AMD 1800+ with 1GB RAM with a 450W PSU if it’s any help.

o.O
Should I come pick up my crappeh pc?

Or did you want to buy it?

206.9999 = my phone
My phone is ghetto so I don’t have a voicemail.
or just pm me with any info.

not sure if you can convert it for your server needs.
Sure is cheaper than a SCSI server however o.O