WTB: Slightly Used 2008 STI or Evo X

Keep your eyes open guys and let me know if anyone has one of these USED AWD cars for sale.

Not interested in Blue, and I hate the Gold BBS wheels on the STI - prefer silver BBSs. I’m not interested in something modded out engine-wise, but a good set of shocks and springs wouldn’t hurt.

I’d like a low mileage example and I’m willing to travel up to 1000 miles for the right car.

I’ve scoured the internet and have a pretty good idea of what the rock bottom prices are for these cars - and that is all that I’ve got in my budget.

I will want to pick up a car in about three to four weeks from today but I’m willing to wait for the right deal on the right car.

Post up here or send me a PM.

TIA.

See you at Dunnville! :slight_smile:

hey guess what, they have these at the dealer

idk anyone who is willing to sell their new evo x that they just bought

^yea seriously bro check auto traders, or sti and evo forums. im sure everyone on here that has one of these cars loves them and isnt going to get rid of them this fast. but gl finding one they are sick!!

Isn’t Subaru doing like $7500 off and 0% on these?

those are 09’s idk why he specifically wants an 08, but a new evo x …lol

Judging by my local dealers you have a much better chance getting an STI for cheap. The local Mitsu dealer only had one fully loaded MR for sale and the local Subaru dealer had atleast 10 STIs for sale. This is as of a month ago when I was bored driving around.

Mitsu decided not to produce more Evos for 2009 so they are just going to be that much harder to find. Search the forums and you might find people that buy the car then realize they cant afford the payments and maintence. Seen it enough times already.
Good luck with the hunt.
Evoxforums, evolutionm.net, evo-ny, tristateevo, evoxclub are a few to check out.

Local dealers don’t have anything like what I want used, or new except for an Evo X MR at Transitowne which is waaay outside my price range.

Thanks! I’ve been keeping an eye on cars.com, autotrader, nyspeed, evo and sti forums that I know of, ebay etc. etc. There are actually a quite a few listed.

That deal is over, sad to say. I wish I had the coin when it was on b/c I would be able to swing a new one with that huge rebate.

I don’t think that there are any 09 STIs at local dealers yet, but I’m looking for a lower price point than what a new one would cost.

Northtown had a bunch of new STIs but they seem to be gone. Kolb has a bunch of used STIs - and I’ve spoken to a guy there to see if he can get me the exact STI that I want. I think that you are right about owners who are over there heads and wanting to sell. The economy sucks and lots of folks don’t have the $ they used to. And thanks for the thoe forum names. I had only heard of evolutionm.net - I’ll keep an eye on the other ones now too.:tup:

Thanks everybody!!

There is a white 08 STi w/ gold wheels on lotustalk.com w/ 13000 miles. IDK price.

EDIT: it’s in illinois, he wants 32 for it. Price seems a lil steep, considering the incentives that were available (though IDK if there are any left)

After the incentives weren’t they around 32 w/ BBS/nav package?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f162/fs-il-2008-subaru-sti-white-gold-bbs-nav-totally-stock-13k-miles-68964/

used 2008 STis are hardly worth the money. The car on lotustalk is 32k.

if you buy used for 32k and put down 10k, you have:

loan - 22,000
term - 60 months
interest - 7.9
payment ~ 450

If you buy new at 37k, put down the same 10k you have

loan - 22,000
term - 60 months
interest - 4.9
payment ~ 500

And in all honesty, you can easily find one for way less than 37k. You can probably buy new for 33-34k. So your going to save minmal amounts of money, and pay more in interest to drive a used car.

Yeah, but i bet you can negotiate that 32 to 29, and IDK about you, but i got a used car loan for 4.75%

:gotme:

Also, not that I am endorsing LYING or STEALING, but if you were to get the STi private party, you COULD probably pay 1/2 as much tax vs new, which saves nearly 2000 MORE dollars.

If there are still NEW 08s left with the cash back and financing incentives, then it’s going to be harder to beat vs used.

yeah, theres definitely wiggle room on both sides buying new and used.

I need to find a refinance loan at 4.9% :-/

There a bunch of used STIs out there in the 26-27k range out there. 32 is waaaay too high.

Then buy them.

You missed the boat and should have bought an '08 while they were still giving them away at dealers. You will pay more for a used one now…

#1: I will, that is why I’m posting.

#2: Not correct, but close, and I hate the fact I couldn’t buy new when that huge rebate was happening.

i traded my 08 in for 26.5, it had 3500 miles on it… so likely to get someone to bite you’d need to pay 29/30 to make it worth their while to lose out on the tax savings.

nice choices though, you wont be disappointed, IMO i’d probably just snag a base model STI for 30K new at 0%

Chino, where did you trade your STI in? How long ago? Do they still have it???

Haha… you have the absolute best username ever!

Ill keep my eyes open lol!!!

pine belt subaru in new jersey… dunno if they still have it but the dealership ended up being a huge pain in the ass to deal with after the fact. they got my car to me in great fashion but i am still trying to get all of my paperwork, have called the salesperson like 6 times and a sales manager once about it.

so, yes they may still have it

They list a red one with 56XX at $31,865. Is that yours?

Are you paying cash? I’m not sure why you wouldn’t buy a brand new one at 0%.

Just for reference. If you buy a brand new Evo X Base GSR for $31,500 (what I did) add tax, tags and a 5k down payment, your monthly payments will be $488.

If you buy a used 08 for $26k add roughly $1300 tax (if you tell the DMV you paid $14k for the car), tags and a 5k down payment, and factor in the 9% iterest rate your probably gonna get for a used car today, your looking at a payment of $467.

I’d rather have a brand new car with zero miles that I properly broke in for the extra few bucks a month.

Check out Burdick Mitsubishi in Syracuse. Thats where I got my car from. They were more than willing to deal. If u wanna travel you could probably go down south and get an SSS package GSR for around $31k or $32k at 0%. You can’t loose by buying new.

I financed 20k at 0% and my payment is $330 a month. If I was to finance 20k at 7% interest my payment would be $396. Thats a monthly savings of $66 and a total savings (life of the 60mo loan) of $3960.