WTB Tein coilovers

Anyone know where I can pick up Tein coilovers for a 2004 WRX? I found a site OptionImports.com that has good prices, but I never heard of them. Anyone ever done business with OptionImports.com? I would rather deal with a local vendor and avoid shipping charges.

thanks

i bought my JDM tails from them, had no problems. fast shipping and they were the best price!

are you dead set on tein? i own tein on my civic and they ride great, but i’m leary of their handling. do you have experience with tein on the wrx? my friend had hks and loved them. i just wish i would’ve gone with something with a stiffer spring. just my 2 bits

I don’t see my son “tracking” the car much. This will be a daily driver for the most part. The struts are shot on the car, so rather than spending $300 each for replacement struts, it made sense to just put in better suspension mods. The Tein’s seem to be well liked in the WRX community according to their forums. I heard good things about KBY’s, but they don’t make those for 2004 models.

cusco zero-2r
much better

and do you know which model your getting because most of all the low end coilovers are dumb to buy, the basic’s, the street and 1 other is a total waste of money… you gotta spend a lil more to get something that actually works.

x2

i always thought Tein was a bit overrated & pricy.
no matter what you get if your paying over $700 make sure you get adjustable dampening

I am going to go with the Tein’s Super Street coilovers. I looked into the Subaru performance brand (SPT) and they would run me around $2,600. I can get the Tein’s for half that. They are adjustable (16 levels of dampening). I think for a 16yr old driver that is plenty. Again, its more of a daily driver. Maybe I’ll let him run it down the 1/4 mile at PRP.

those aren’t too bad, just look around a little bit before buying tein just because of the name. my old teins and a friend of mine had ha’s and 1 winter and they oxidize and the perches freeze to the threads and sucks… rust a little bit, even thought they say new paint to help fight rusting they do…

and if something has 32 way adj. dosen’t mean its better than an 8 or 16 way…

get pillow ball mounts also

check out stance… they are 100x better than all the high end names, and they ride very nice
http://www.stance-usa.com/plus_apps.php

Stance’s are awesome.

i’ve heard Megan racing makes nice coilovers.

Not necessarily…Megan has made some great strides in product quality, and are inching thier way up in hte pecking order, but they have a long way to go.

For a WRX, there isn’t much better off-the-shelf that Cusco Zero2-R, for that chassis. It is a well documented steup for time attack and such, I don’t know what your exact goals or budget are, but I’d avoid anything Tein, except for the super high-end ones. It’s true they are adjustable, but a large percentage of the adjustment does nothing, and the ones that are aren’t particularly repeatable (which is something most japanese susp manufacturers appear to be guilty of.)

big negative… megan racing is a joke, and waste of money