WTB: Toyo RA-1

Not sure any of ya’ll have these. I just picked up two and would like two more to match. Used is fine as long as they’re not useless. 245/40R18 please. Lemme know if you might know anywhere that would have a pair too. Thanks guys!

I doubt anyone here would have them. If you had 17’s, you could prolly go to some SCCA (World Challenge type, not Solo type) races and get a used set with a few cycles on them for a decent price. When I was looking into R-comps, I stumbled across this place, as I don’t think JVG can get them for me: http://www.tiresdirect.net/TOYO_Proxes_RA1_245_40ZR18_P2268C200.cfm

A lot more people are switching to the R888s as the RA1s have very limited sizing since Toyo discontinued most of that line. That, and they’re cheaper for the same size tire.

Also, check out Toyo’s R1R. I heard that’s a pretty damn good autocross tire, and it’s much cheaper than the other Toyo alternatives but has a higher UTQG so it may keep you out of some classes you may not want to go in.

Generally, with an awd vehicle, you would buy a set of 4 tires at the same time. If two are more worn than the other two, it can cause damage to the center differential.

Please explain what you mean.

Thanks cossey I’ll check out that R1R

Edit: Holy hell Dem bitches ain’t cheap. Oh well, though, I knew I would be looking like $800+ for a full set of four

Don’t listen to him… its good for the center differential. :excited

If either the front tires are more worn that the rear tires, or vice versa, the small difference in diameter can increase wear and possible destroy the center diff. It’s even worse with performance tires because they wear faster, therefore, more room for error. It’s the same concept as when you wanted to run different width wheels with tires that had almost the same diameter.

Will it break right away? Probably not, but it’s just added wear and tear that is easily avoided.

Just order a set of tires from tirerack. Hankook Ventus R-S3’s in 245/40/18 for your car are 706 shipped.

Word, Tires are the last thing you want to cheap out on…especially when you stunt around all over the place.

I dunno…RS-3’s are new tires to autox and i’ve read they take a while to heat up. I need chew right away…I cant"light em up" off the line lol

I was just going by what was cheapest. The Star Specs are around 860 shipped. Get those if you care about Auto X classing. 200 tread wear vs the R-S3’s 140.

I wouldn’t worry bout warming the tires up. By the end of the day you’re going to wish they were cooler. Just launch each run if you’re really worried about it.

Star Specs were on the menu but I dont participate enough at SCCA events to care about classing. RA-1’s are pure Rcompund where star specs are not. My car has proven itself to be really good on street tires, so even if I’m in the top class because of my tires, I think i’ll do alright.

But RS3’s are also still an optin too

Toyo R888’s

Uniroyal Tiger Paw! FTMFW

kelly chargers!

I NEED CHEW RIGHT AWAY GUYS

CHEW.

i would be happy if a good set of tires was only 800$ for my car lol

Hah. Vettes are like Harleys lol aint a god damn thing cheap

Except for the way the interior looks.

Bump. Found one lol need only oneeeee moreeeee

:facepalm