WTB: XBox 360 Console

My brothers RRoD’ed (Red Ring of Death) and he needs another one to mod.

It can be in crappy condition, as he will just use his covers. It MUST be functional.

Do not need the power brick, hard drive, controllers, or any of that other stuff. JUST the Console itself.

Let me know what you got.

I can fix that RROD for ya.

We can to. Just haven’t had luck.

He’s tried the X-Clamp fix, got the kit from some guy online, just can’t get the pressure on the chip right to eliminate the RRoD. We’re both techies, we know what we’re doing, just can’t get it right. It took me like 3 days to fix mine. You have to tighten the CPU Heatsink screws just right otherwise it will over heat and continue to RRoD.

At this point it’s easier to buy a beatup but working system for $70 or so and re-flash it and call it a day.

What kind of mods can you do to them?

Just so you can play burned games…however, burning games isn’t as easy as it sounds. You need certain hardware (DVD Dual Layer burner), certain DVD’s (Verbatim DVD DL discs), and certain software (torrent software, image readers, etc.).

I fixed mine a while ago. Changed out the heatsink and everything.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.htm
I’ve got everything but the screws and washers.

Just get a water block and liquid cool it.

Yeah that’s the way I fixed mine.

He’s been trying to do this for a second time, and can’t get the screws right. He’s spent like 3 days on it.

Is he letting it heat up all the way and cool off?

Well it’s trial and error, so lots of restarting etc. as you know. It probably is hot. Letting it cool between trials would take hours and hours. I think once the CPU detects cooling, it allows it self to start.

I fixed mine with the x-clamp replacement. What a pain in the ass… It took me forever to get the old thermal paste off

Yeah that’s how I fixed mine. Then my video card melted. So I got a used system and just reflashed it.

My brother has done the Xbox once before on his system and it worked for a few months. this time he hasn’t had luck.

So he bought some ‘RRoD’ kit that has a different backing plate which straightens out the board and helps disperse the heatsink pressure more evenly. Still no luck.

how do you do a reflash?

Try the blanket!

Fortunatly your wrong its very easy and its ridiculous the ammount of non tech savy people I know who can do this…

Its not a couple years ago where no one except nerds knew wtf they were doing theres so much god damned infomation out there all one needs is google

Anyways buy new/newish system where RRoD was fixed and no longer happens

I have a newer system I’m willing to sell but it’s near mint condition and I would like more than $70 for it. I rarely use it. I’d probably want ~$120 for it.

You just want 120 for an awsome handle :ninja

handle? No I need to offset the $400 I just spent on front tires :lol

hahah… I will be giving you a call tommorow and you will need to stop by my house so you can offset that 400 by another 50

I will be with CP tomorrow in LG and unavailable until Friday. :lol