Xbox RRoD

My brother can fix anyone’s xbox with RRoD. So if you need yours fixed let me know…
Thanks,

Hey, does he have any of those x-clamp kits before I buy one online?

no sorry man

does he have any disc drives laying around?

:tup: for your brother he can fix almost anything electrical.

I got a RRoD one, lol fixed it cause it had HIV. Cured it for a bit, then it died of AIDS.

I still got it, maybe i should have him fix it so i can have a spare.

What does he charge? I bought an Arcade but I wouldn’t mind having the old Pro back up and running.

What does he do to fix them? Do they require any additional fixing when they’re done (like will they RR again) or are they set?

Also curious on what his “fix” is. There are so many ghetto fixes that don’t last I’d like to see some more details.

Towel trick? Heat gun? X clamp? Penny trick? GPU/CPU spacers? Properly reflow the solder?

The last one being the only real long term fix but that’s not something you can do without specialized equipment.

Yeah right now I’m limping my 360 along with the towel trick. It’s RR’d 2x now and it’s out of warranty now. Waiting for $$ to buy a new Arcade for hdmi awesomeness.

i dont know how to do the multiple quote thing… I dont wanna give away the secret, but its not the ghetto way. No, he doesnt have any drives laying. He actually needs one to fix another 360. He said $40 and he will fix them

secret? what secret? we all know the methods of fixing the RRoD…so you’re not hiding anything

but unless its an xclamp fix AND reflow…i would NOT trust any other fix

ITS A SECRET!!!, your brother must have the magical fix that nobody on here knows about, please share

Yea like i said in my last post, he actually does it the legit way. Strips all the way down to the mother board. You have to pry it apart without breaking it… So i hope no one attempts this.

lol pry what apart? and why cant we attempt this?, does your brother have some sort of freaky hands that only he can pry without breaking?

:danny:
My 360 motherboard is sitting next to me, it’s not hard.

just for the record all of the legit ways to fix it you have to strip it down to the mother board and honestly taking the system apart that far isnt hard to do. 10-15 min max if you know what youre doing.

:word:

The most you post the less legit I think his fix is.

There is nothing special about taking it apart, or even tearing it, “all the way down to the motherboard”. With a flat blade glasses screwdriver and a set of torx bits I can tear one down that far in less than 15 minutes. My guess is he’s tearing them down and hitting it with a heat gun, which will last a month or so if you’re lucky.

Yea so basically what im gettin to is that if you dont know what your doing dont attempt that. No he doesnt have “freaky hands”, its just that those boards are easy to crack. You have to pull the big heat sinks off the board without breaking it