WTF: Apartment (Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, Amherst)

Anyone have any landlords of phone numbers of past places they lived in North Tonawanda, Tonawanda, Amherst area?

Most of the places I found online in Amherst/Tonawanda are $750+ for a single and for that much, I would rather buy a house and pay for something of value.

I am looking for upper/lower or apartment buildings. I found a lot of places in North Tonawanda were older mansions that were converted which I am interested in. Without knowing where they are and driving by to get the phone number, I am kind of at a loss without bring from that area.

Requirements are 1 or 2 bedroom, under $600 if it includes heat and water, and off street parking.

Any help would be great.

This might be a tall order…

I have looked at 3 apartments already in NT that were in complexes and decent areas (I guess anything is better than the city of buffalo) that were $450 - $600 + electric.

Just was shown some buildings that were old mansions and are now apartments and seeing if anyone knows anyone in them or has a number of an old apartment they lived in to possibly check out since I am at a loss not being from the area.

Does that kind of place have washer/dryer in the unit? Only one bedroom? Central air/heat? Or is it “Just a place to live” type of feel?

No washer dryer in unit or hookups. Coin op in basement which isnt a big deal for me since.

Its one bedroom, has a/c unit in the living area and then central heat in the bedroom and living room. Wasn’t too bad. I travel a lot for work and its my first apartment so not really looking for a home type place yet and not looking to pay a ton for an apartment I am in 2 1/2 weeks a month.

If you can wait I’ll find out in the next couple of days(just got off phone with current owner and trying to get around a few details)I’ll know if I have that new plaza and motel on G.I. and can hook ya up.
Literally 30 secs form the bridge and would give ya a deal on rent.

Ya its not an immediate thing. I am not looking to move into a place until May 1st since I Have a place to live until May 31st but I would like to have an idea of a place by the end of the month. If the price is good and its a going offer, I might be able to arrange a April move.

Check around budweys in north tonawanda. A ton of apartment complexes there. Rent was $575 a month including heat and water. 2 bedroom.

My buddy rents there, only his rent is like 450 and they dont include the utilities.

If you are in an upper apartment you won’t spend much money on heat anyways, it rises…

Ill drive by there tonight. Thanks. Its actually right down the street from my GF’s parents house.

^^ thx bill nye

and yes there are many cheap apt’s in NT, check side streets off Payne ave, check near budweys like mentioned, they are scattered, east robinson area has a bunch

Ok that is where this one is I looked at. I will drive around and look for more. Maybe they is a lot I am driving by but just don’t have signs up.

There is a complex on Hinds St. as well. If I recall heat is included, not sure what it costs but it has one and two bedroom apartments.

ugh NT is so trashball. It’s like Anal Fest every day of the year. I’d rather live by Canisius. Not to mention you better set your cruise control on 30 cause they’ll pull you over at 32.

I used to think that too but nothing is worse than the city. Cars broken into. Guys and girls mugged. Random ethnic people sitting in their cars blasting their bass all night. Its not worth it.

Also, the more I have driven around NT, there is a lot of nice areas. Ya, I don’t want to live in the village/city thing but I like the outside area.

http://aarfplanners.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/all_your_base.jpg

:snky: edit

my wife’s parents have a upper apt its available now.

2 car off street parking in newly repave drive, its an upper apt, at least 2 bed rooms, living room, dinning room, kitchen (fridge and stove included), they live in lower and are partially deaf so no worries there lol. they take good care of the place and put the mait of the apt over there own place.

I think its 425. includes water.

there was an add for it on CL not sure if its still there. its in NT.

Mike…

There is one posted here at the apartment complex:

1 Bedroom in 2 Bedroom Apt.
Start: May 20, 2009
Rent: $350
Included: Heat, Water, In-House Laundry, Parking

If you want the phone number give me a PM and I will go grab it for ya

^ I would do a search for Campus Manor. I’ve seen a lot of posts complaining about it. I know Stairs had a pretty good rant about them.