WTF Geezer in Blue Ion :tup:

On my way to work this morning…just sitting at a light, thinking nothing of any of the cars around me…i slowing pull away from the light…and from behind my passenger door i hear a nasty whine… :wtf:

i immediately look to see a debadged blue ion with one of the stock, smaller ion non-redline wings…looked pretty clean i guess…

dude is constantly hammering on and off the throttle…sounded like exhaust, intake, obviously more boost and with it, probably bigger injectors…i’m assuming the same setup as the stage 2 cobalt’s have…

dude hammers it up ahead of me, and gets over in the left lane, i get to the right lane, pull up next to him, and he’s already braking waiting for me :tup:

no beeps were delivered…we both just kinda got on and off the throttle at the same time…until we both went for it…40mph, i stayed in 3rd gear…didn’t think it worth it to go down to 2nd, when i probably should have.

Dude hangs right next to me up to about 6k rpms for me…then i dont know if he just sucks at shifting or what, but i pulled an instand bus on him at that point…

line up again, and same thing, i manage to pull maybe a fender through 3rd and into 4th :jawdrop:

thing moved, well…it moved for what it is i guess…

but the coolest part was the guy…had to be at least in his upper 50’s, and when i asked about the car, he said he “isn’t done with it yet.” lol…

:tup: to mid-life crisis and a cool dude

edit:

guess it’s time for more boost :gotme:

or a new car

yeah i have had a few run ins with him. nice guy

[quote=“90NA300ZX”"]

Dude hangs right next to me up to about 6k rpms for me…then i dont know if he just sucks at shifting or what, but i pulled an instand bus on him at that point…

line up again, and same thing, i manage to pull maybe a fender through 3rd and into 4th :jawdrop:

[/quote]

Lets make those bigger holes already. Should have pulled a bus again the second time.

Ha, that guy did the same thing to me down Maple road. We didn’t get a light but we started from a roll with me in 3rd when i should have been in 2nd. I whooped em anyway. Good sport though.