wtf is up with Getty stations?

yea, and you didn’t even need to get out of the car either.

word, CANT get out of the car lol

Upper 3.6X to lower 3.8X for 87 is what I’m seeing. Filled up in VT for like 3.51 yesterday.

I filled up for $3.679 in Glenville this afternoon.

Dont you have to use premium in the rsx? :ohnoes

It was 3.95 for 93 at my Hess yesterday.

When I was on my trip to FL and back on the bike I filled up about 34 times and went through so many states so quickly I often lost track of where I was. On the way back I was filling up, took my tank bag off, gear still on and started pumping just to hear people yelling at me in an accent (still had helmet on, with music playing) I looked up dumbfounded and kept filling. They eventually just through their hands in the air and left me alone as I only needed 3 gallons and got done quick.

Didn’t hit me till and hour or two later what all the fuss was about, I just crossed into NJ :rofl

The public is extremely unobservant. There are people out there who will pull into a Getty without looking at the sign, simply assuming that the gas is going to be cheaper than anywhere else because it is some Indian-run shitshack that happens to sell gasoline.

I pumped my own gas at a Gulf station somewhere in NJ a few years ago on my way back from PA.

The arab guy working there even showed me how to work the pump and I filled my car up myself and paid after filling it. I didnt know it wasnt supposed to be that way.

What does that have to do with anything? :rofl

Vlad’s post

Not in the base haha.

I’ve noticed even Hess has been unusually more expensive than certain other stations.

Hess states their fuel is from domestic oil resources only and charge more based on that. If I knew it was true I would always get Hess Gasoline. When I was in the AF and shortly after it was all I would buy.

True story on the premium 91 or 93 too. Everybody posts their regular gas prices on huge signs but I find the cheap regular is expensive premium more often then not. I try not to go far out of my way to fill up on “cheaper” fuel. But if Im in an area where I know there is cheap gas I try to fill up while I’m out there.

Getty Stations always seem like some sort of small drug dealing hub. Always avoided them from day one.

As far as your comment on not going far out of your way, that’s why I LOVE filling up the bike, it’s the most liberating feeling to go anywhere.

Since the average you ever fill up is between 2 and 3 gallons going to a cheapest station elsewhere makes no sense. Even at 10 cents a gallon cheaper it’s impossible to get any real savings on a fill up.

even with a smaller car with a 10 or 11 gal tank you could spend 20 cents more a gallon and really only spend an extra 2 bucks. Personally I’d rather spend the 2 bucks than drive outta the way for cheaper gas.

most of the time a cheaper station is next door or across the street when it comes to Getty though.

When I fill my truck it usually takes 23-24 gallons. 20 cents a gallon is almost a $5 difference.

I pulled the conforti chip in the bmw so i can put 87 in it again. Its 3.4x for 87 at my gas station and 3.8x for 93. Which is coincidentally exactly what it was when I left NY.

Yeah, when you drive a truck it makes a bit of a difference but my car takes 11 gallons from bone dry so I just usually pull into the first station that’s convenient.

exactly… I myself honestly think its rediculous to look around for the cheapest gas prices as #1 most people that I know DONT fill there tank up and #2 even if they did the difference like you said is so insanely minimal.

I fill mine completely every time. No point in not doing so.