wtf is up with Getty stations?

Seriously some of them have gas for 20+ cents more than the station across the street/next door. In Ballston Spa the Getty on route 50 is $3.919 while the Runway across the street is $3.699.

The stations all look rundown and dumpy and most of them have gas pumps that look 30 years old and are rusty. I thought all stations were supposed to replace the pumps every few years but somehow that doesnt apply to Getty. Some of them dont even have digital numbers on them and forget about pay at the pump.

Are they trying not to sell gas?

Don’t go there, and don’t worry about it. Done!

Lock’er up.

well I was just looking for the reasoning behind it. I usually get the cheapest gas I can find and preferably somewhere I can pay cash without prepaying like the USA gas stations. Usually the one in CP by my work. The russian guy there is pretty cool.

Solution: Mobil, SUNOCO, Stewarts, Hess.

/thread

BP in Jersey was a good 15 cents a gallon more expensive then neighbour stations.

Dont ask why it’s high, ask why people are still buying it. If they weren’t it wouldn’t be that high or it wouldn’t be in business.

i’ll ride (bmx, not motorcyle) a mile past the Ballston Spa/Saratoga Getty, so thirsty i cant swallow, with $50 in my pocket just so i dont have to go in there. my last bike got stolen when i had left it outside there to go take a piss inside. gone less then 2 minutes. i had $250 into that bike!

MJ at runway will take a minimum profit margin on his gas in hopes to get you inside to purchase a beverage/cigs/lotto etc.

Runway’s diesel pump sucks cock. It barely trickles out of the pump as I found out a few days ago. It took me 15 minutes to pump out 10 gallons.

Its not just the Getty up there thats expensive, its most of them around here.

PJB i guess you havent been watching the news in the last two weeks. All gas is getting expensive again. Gas is projected to get above $4 gallon by May

I know its all going up but thats not what Im talking about here. It seems like Getty is alot more than any other stations

Oh i know what your saying. You just made it seem like you were surprised gas is expensive

:hug

Fuck projections, seriously.

don’t go to the mobil on wolf or the intersection of central and fuller. their 87 might be close, but their 93 is usually 40 cents higher than anywhere.

What are gas prices like up there these days?

Has nothing to do with the pump itself, that means they need to change out the filter because it is getting clogged. It will happen from time to time at any gas station you go to, unless they keep up with the changing of filters on a regular basis.

Ive had that issue at a few stations but most seem ok. It sucks attempting to fill a 33 gallon tank and finish deliveries quickly when I can piss more than whats coming out of the pump.

Perhaps the owners main source of income in this country isn’t the sale of gas. Perhaps the old pumps are in place because no building remodel has yet been performed and thus requirements for pump swap are not enforceable.

You saying Hadji is selling drugs?

Hell no, didn’t say that. I know the man, did work for him. But, I am saying that when we see gas stations that are not competitive, one should wonder if that gas station is a sole source of income, or if there is some washing of money happening, or other purpose that allows this to be a less than competitive adventure.

pjb, wether you buy gas from there or not, people WILL get gas there… In the end, the increase in price with the slight decrease in people like you lol (no offense) evens out to the same profit someone who sells cheap gas and gets more customers…

BTW, just filled my tank up at $3.47 a gallon in NJ BITCH!!! lol