WTF is wrong with my MAFS...

I havnt touched the wiring for the car that would effect performance. Im leaning towards thinking its not the MAFS. The car randomly does this…and im asuimg it just happened that this problem went away when the original MAFS was cleaned with degreaser just randomly…The second mafs made no diffrence when i put it in even after cleaning it and the 3rd one was fresh out of a friends car(which didnt have this problem) with no degreaser ever used…still same problem. Another thing ive noticed is if im ripping threw gears starting from 1st i dont hit this wall…however if i start ripping it in 3,4 or 5th i almost always hit it. Its pretty whack…Anyone have a working sohc coil that i can borrow? and if it solves the problem ill buy it.

this might be a little off but try it anyway it wont hurt/ checkk the sensors on the tranny. like the 3rd gear and 5 th gear sensors myabe its shorted or someting or sending a wrong signal and the govenor s kicking in at the wrong time.

I dont have the gear sensors plugged in. I thought maybe the problem would go away after disconecting them but its the same thing.

When the MAF fails the car will only rev to 2500.
My Altima did it when it’s MAF died, and my silvia did it yesterday when a buddy accidentally kicked the power for my HKS S-AFR off :wink: (would be like disconnecting MAF)

I would say it’s probably spark related… either your distributor or the wires or the plugs themselves.
Every once in a while you hear of a similar problem and the guy goes through like 4 MAFs where as everyone else has the same MAF from 1km -> 400,000km.

The chances that you ended up with 4 bad MAFs is pretty slim. I’d start looking elsewhere and I’d start with the ignition.

Distributor, wires, plugs.
If you have a nice buddy or a parts car start swapping and see if it goes away.