WTF: IT Internship

Im looking for an Internship in IT. I my ultimate career goal is Systems Administrator.

I am currently going to school at University at Buffalo and am enrolled in the Computer Science - B.S. program. I do have some tech support background, I work at the CIT HelpDesk at UB and have been there for 2+ years. I have a resume ready to go. So if any of you IT guys in the Buffalo area are looking for an intern(pref. paid, but im not picky) please let me know.

-Tom

Move to california.

Sorry but its true.

I’m an IT guy also, I’m going west to AZ.

up for the morning guys at work early

Do you need a internship for class credit? or just for experience?

just the experience :slight_smile:

I will see if I can find something

my place has a few things open, not sure if you fit any of them though.

http://microwavedata.com/careers/employment/

[quote=“JustinH,post:2,topic:28436"”]

Move to california.

Sorry but its true.

[/quote]

Since he’s still in school, and looking for an internship, not a career, moving out west is probably not the best choice.

Shoot me your resume, if you want to come to NYC

I MAY be able to get you like $15-20/hour no benefits if you qualify.

I REALLY appreciate the help guys.

Howie, I have to think about that. It would really be a blow to the g/f since were moving together pretty soon so I would wanna talk to her first before i decide if I wanna move home for the summer. But that is a very tempting deal seeing as how my parents are out on the Island. Ill pm you sometime soon about it.

AshyLarry, thank you man. I am going to put in my resume there for a systems analyst internship/co-op. An hour commute isnt ideal, but I can live with it.

I appreciate the support fellas.

rochester?

I wouldnt mind the hour commute if it was valuable experience

[quote=“JustinH,post:2,topic:28436"”]

Move to california.

Sorry but its true.

[/quote]

???

Why west? Last I checked almost all companies now need IT people.

Go find a company that does something your interested in and apply for a position in their IT department. I’m not aware of any current IT co-op/intern positions available right now but I haven’t been exactly looking lately.

Only thing I can recommend just from my own experience is check with Ernst & Young LLP’s Buffalo office. I’m not aware they need someone but doesn’t hurt to ask. I’ve enjoyed working with them the past 4 summers.