Full-Time Jobs

I am not sure if I can take another full semester at HVCC. Nor do I really want to. Part-time, yes… full time, HELL NO. I would like to find a nice full-time job that deals with computers or something similar. Not looking for retail or working on cars or anything like that. I currently work for Albany International Corp. part-time as a Lab-Technician. I have been here for almost 9 months now. If anyone has any leads or tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

so when u get a job for computers, wtf are u gonna do ? i thought they look for experience these days? :S

lol j/k

Thanks for the help bro.

lol sorry i was just kidding, i dont have any ideas for ya man :frowning:

We’re on a hiring freeze, so unless you wanna be a QA intern I don’t think I’m much help either. :sad

AlbInt is on a hiring freeze as well.

Fuck this economy.

Where is Obama and his changeee?! :banana

its november, he hasnt even had a chance to change his underwear yet n00b

He better hurry. :ohnoes

why dont you stay where you are and see if you can work more at the lab?

I’m going to try, my boss is gone for the day… I have actually been meaning to talk to him more about it. But who knows. I was just seeing if anyone on this forum knew of anything.

Stay full time and get an education. Most places are on a hiring freeze. Those that are not are going to be very selective. Right now, I am very critical of anyone coming in through the front door of my IT team because I can be.

If you don’t mind me asking, who do you work for, and what kind of degree do you have?

I work for myself. I am self-employed consultant with clients in all parts of NY.

I have a B.S. in Computer Science.

BTW, I have yet to have a person dazzled/care that I graduted top of my class in a high priced private school. But, it depends on your profession. My GF is a Senior Attorney in Manhattan and her profession really considers the law school rank and not nearly as much as how you did there or the fact that she passed the bar like everyone else.

Furthermore, you need to market yourself. I cannot express the number of people who have positions because of their ability to market themselfs. This does not mean misrepresentation but the ability to “sell yourself”. You have something of value. A skill, a diploma, etc… Something.

It seems like a BS/BA is the equiv of a HS degree but that doesn’t gaurantee you a job. For me it was simple, I wanted to be an engineer and I needed a diploma. Some people aren’t that lucky. Find a skill (degree/certification/etc… might be required too) that is desireable to someone.

yep, it doesnt matter wat u wanna do, being a people person and having the skill to deal with people / sell your self will help with ANYTHING you want to do for a career by farrrrrrr

EDIT: more than career, just life in general actually :stuck_out_tongue:

Stay at the Valley with me!! :hug

LMAO

No lol. I hate that godforsaken place.

Shawn I appreciate your help. I never really thought of it like that. I have always been interested in the IT field and related computer jobs. I have pretty decent computer skills, I am always showing people around here how to use the damn things, haha.

Dude so much ass there !! helps you get through the school part

Haha, true.

Could always get smashed and go to class… great idea right? Could at least pick up girls easier, IDK how my grades would be though. :rofl

Lol you and drinking … :confused :lmao

Get educated first. You have the rest of your life to work full-time. If I could do it all over again, i’d be back in school right now.