wtf?

Just call when ready

wednseday night around 6:00 at tom vito’s sound good to you?

Maybe just a silly question, but you are using some kind of assembly lube right?

I actually know someone who put his motor together dry and he had all these same problems.

You should get about 25-30 ft-lb at the crank turning the motor over by hand with spark plugs removed (W/O valve train - 30-35 ft-lb with valve train).

Should be constant with no tight spots.

Well after tearing it down again tonight, we found three pistons hung backwards, and the for the rod journal for 3-4 is very snug, causing a lot of binding, and “sticking” feeling hard spots. It seems like it just is not ground wide enough for both rods to fit properly. Will find out more tomorrow evening.

:doh: Well, at least the engine isn’t completely fucked. Hopefully you guys can figure out what is going on with the rod journal and get everything up and ready to go. Good luck!

x2

g/l guys

My thought is he should just pop the old crank back into it and run it. The machine shop that polished the old crank talked him into a new one, because the thrust washer was worn. it is worn about .015". If it were sitting in front of a stanard tranny, I might worry, but in front of an auto, I don’t think it’s a big deal.

And right now Mike is trying to save some cash, and yet be able to drive his car. I saw toss it in, have the other sent back to Scat, with a little letter bitching about all of the labors costs he has paid, to find out their crank wasn’t ground correctly.

But hell that just what i would do…:bowrofl: :hahano:

tom put the old crank it it today and had the same problem… ive finally had enough and am going to sell everything in a package deal and try to recoupe some of my lose. im fed up with this engine and am going to either put rings in my 305 for the summer or find a running 305 or 350 that will get me through the summer. if anyone is interested in the 400 shoot me a pm. ill include block , both cranks, flywheel , balancer, all the rods and pistons with new rings,and bearings . i want to keep the cam ,lifters and heads. if i can get 325 obo.

:frowning:

X2

Damn just giving it away. Didn’t you spend around two just for the crank???

yeah. im really pissed off about all this…

u still have ur 350 for sale ? if so buy it Neonracer01

The problem with this whole idea is as follows:

The 910400 is designed for use with 5.7" rods ONLY, not the stock 5.625"

Quoted from Scats web page.

Tom, why didn’t you or neon call when you got the engine out? If thats the case with the scat crank, why did it still not turn over when you put the original crank back in?

Not really sure about why it still doesn’t turn. Didn’t call because I didn’t get you guys numbers, and he just wants rid of it.

Stay the course…lol

Some people you just cant talk to…:blue: