WTH: Automotive Painter/Body guy

This is for my fathers company, Gorman Enterprises.

-Fulltime, 7-3:30, M-F
-Must have good experience, and a resume’. no beginners, amatuers, or guys who have done a couple jobs and think your qualified
-We use Industrial PPG paint the majority of the time, with an automotive job here and there
-Must be GOOD AT YOUR JOB. if you are found out to suck, you will be dropped quicker than you can say peace out. this is a professional business, and the paint job highly reflects the finish product. nothing less than the best is acceptable.
-Must have good skills in body work. must be able to make panels straight, do collision work, remove and replace (tools), mask appropriately, etc etc. and no slobs
-You must be RELIABLE. at your job ON TIME. we are quite busy. and if you have an unexcusable absence, it hurts the team
-must be a TEAM PLAYER, and get along with others. at the same time, be able to stay focused, and get your work done.

this isn’t the glamerous world of chip foose, this is painting trucks, dump bodies, etc, with the occasional car.

i am also writing this up on my own, my father and his service manager did not intervene with this add. certain terms may vary. if i see something that looks promising, i will pass it on to them, and we will go from there. if you are denied or ignored for any reason, dont feel bad, and im sorry.

edit: heres a link to the company. the website isn’t spectacular, but it gives an idea: http://www.gormanent.com/

heres a small pic of our paint booth:
http://www.gormanent.com/images/dynamic//service3.gif

firehawk853, badazz, psychopjv, jeeves, dpmiroc, crazylt1, muscle50 and a few others can attest to the level of work that we do

thanks,
bill

waht about people currently going to school for autobody

i will pass it on, but a good amount of experience is important. you can’t really be learning on our jobs if you know what i mean.

just wondering I have a friend currently going to school but…whateves

Damn nice paint booth bill, no wonder you want to paint your car

All I wanted to do there was drive a damn bus!!! Thanks Bill

whats the benefits package?

$500 annual tool allowance (has to be tools used at work, tools stay at work in your box. you pay for tools, and at the end of your year you are reimbursed (sp)

1 week vacation (i think)

this is off the top of my head. again, i really shouldnt be speaking for my father/managers. if i see someone promising, i will forward that to them.

***if you guys are interested, have a good RESUME’, and ill give you a fax number

jesse, anything to put a smile on ur face :slight_smile: you shoulda seen chuck drive the new DOT trucks last weekend, besides not being able to get them in 2nd gear, he had a riot :lol:

thanks spence. ya im pretty lucky to have the facilities to use

hotrodkid?

too bad neil wasnt back living here :slight_smile:

old times.

i dont know what the health benefits are btw… so im not even gona attempt to give an answer on that, or retirement, etc

yup that giant paint booth was used to paint my tiny front license plate cover :lol:

Pimp shop, good place to work :tup:

thanks guys

well my stock of tools has gotten pretty shitty since leaving Schmitts, some stuff lost, a bunch of shit stolen

but if you gusy have mac / snapon / cromwell tool trucks roll thru once a week, that can be quickly fixed

mac / snap on / SK

you’d need a DA obviously, then probably screwdrivers, ratchets, sockets, wrenches, body and HD hammers, grinder(s), blow gun, and shit like that would be perfered. we got a bunch of guns. i dunno who they belong to, but whenever i need to spray i use one of those. i dunno if they are workers’ or the businesses. whatever. alot of the noobs we’ve hired lately (mostly iron workers) dont seem to have many tools, which is beyond me. i find them asking for my shit all the time. uughh. as long as all my shit is put back at the end of the day, not ruined, or not used when i need it, im fine with that

i havent been using many of my tools lately as a matter of fact since i switched to the iron work. all i need is a welder, elect grinder, and my skins/helmet. and square. i only used my tools for the car…lol

my DA is one of the stolen items, but thats easy to get off a tool truck
screwdriver set is a bit thin, but thats easily fixed also

check on the ratchets, sockets, wrenches, body hammers grinder, blow gun. air drill, slide hammer, air board, drill bit set, welding helmet, impact & sockets, air ratchets

if your interested, make up a presentable resume and i will pass it by my dad/managers