WTH: poss. manager for the pizza shop.And how do I hire?

Few things were said today that kind of left me a little unsure.The person I thought was 100% staying w/ me and running the shop was a little unsure and had some concerns.Actually kind of hurt me that he made comments like what if you don’t make it etc. and I have a family to think about.I told him from the get go That he would run it and I trusted him 100% as he is a good employee.Not sure of his standings of now.How do I hire a complete stanger to run a 1/2 mil pizzeria and not worry about theft?I know cameras and all but there are ways around that if you really want to steal.
Had to write this quick and will post more in a bit.
Any Ideas?
D

Easiest thing to do, if You don’t know anyone personally, is try to poach from another “successful” shop.

Not necessarily the best thing… but proven mgmt & experience is the way to go.

Aside: Can YOU run it in the meantime?

referance/background/credit check

PM me details please

you’re going to loose food in the pizza business… TRUST ME i worked at a VERY big pizzera for 3 years in highschool.

Any time a friend came in and ordered 10 wings they got 30…
same with fingers and such. You have to expect that. Kids always hook up friends that wont change.

But as for a person stealing money from your register thats when you need to either hire someone you know OR call previous employers and things like that for a stranger

D pm me, i have family that own 2 very very succesfull pizzerias.

I’m just checking these in between gaps in the line so they will be short.
As far as running it, I work 2nd shift at this hellhole(GM) and quiting is not an option yet.I can run days and weekends but 4pm-1am owns me.
Kev,That would be great,Just nervous about the whole thing.
----Quick story. I had a GOOD FRIEND(I thought) Whom when I had my first pizzeria I let open from 11-3( I opened @ 3pm) We had a deal that he kept 40% of whatever he brought in.After a week one day when I came in at 3 and asked what the orders were,he said slow day a few pizzas,wings and that was it.I then noticed a bag of fingers opened when I had used the last of the bag last night.I asked him fif he had anything to eat,he said no.He could eat whatever he wanted,I didn’t care.I then asked him why the bag of fingers was open and he said he didn’t use any,I said I knew there were no open bags when I left and then he remembered he sold an order.That was the last day of that.I always considered him like a brother too.
D

That’s what I’m talking about.When I worked at McD’s. ppl always pestered me for free food.I was like c’mon man just buy some.Same when I worked at a C store ppl always tried to mooch things.I’m not saying I never hooked up someone,but mine was like a few extra nuggets or a finger or something not 3X the order LOL.I have no problem giving some extra cheese or pep or fries,etc but damn I’m providing u a living(maybe not the best) but help me out and look after my store when I’m not there.
D

You need to find someone with no friends like me…lol What does the position pay ?

:word:

Sometimes you have to pay to get the attention of someone responsible and trust worthy.

if it pays 70k a year with full benefits im in

hey where do i apply. where is this pizzeria? I dont seem to get the full story but if you have someone that is not very trustworth/dependable then its pointless to hold on to that person.

Are you trying to help me w/ my position?:hay: The kid there now makes $10 an hr half on/half off the books.Works about 65hrs so takes around $600 a week home.Talking $30K plus.I told them today before this all went down,that if I made a certain amount in 07(what the store there now is doing.Keep in mind I’ll be open later and MUCH cleaner)I’d give them each a $5,000 bonus for Christmas.Tell me what pizzeria would do that.I’m a very loyal person,sometimes to loyal/nice and I don’t want to change but might have to.
When I worked at my first pizzeria before I bought it the owner would leave everynight by 9pm and I’d run it until close.I took much pride in making him the most $$$ I could and suprised him more then once at 3am when I found him at a bar and handed him a nice wad of cash.
I will pay the RIGHT person good and have no problem providing you w/ a decent living down the road.After a few years 12-13-? an hr,if you earn it, it will be happily paid.
Derek

If i wasnt in school right now… ugh

working with friends is tough…you either have to seperate it fully or expect to get taken advantage of a little. Its all in how leniant/doormat you are. So long as you dont mind it the dick in the ass feels ok after a while :stuck_out_tongue:

All my friends are older and have fairly decent jobs.At least none they would leave for a pizzeria manager.Maybe I should Hire some 19 old girl,at least the guys would come in and check the place out often.Luckily I have 5 weeks or so to work/figure it out.I’m going to sit down w/ that kid one-on-one and have a talk w/ him.I just don’t really need the stress of that for 5 weeks.
D

Depending on where the place is I would be interesed in applying/sitting down and talking with you about it. I’ll pm you some info.

30k and you pay for a place to live? Send me a PM if I got that correct.

wouldn’t the proper paper work and documentation tell you if somebody is stealing from you? Documentation and good organization of transactions is the perfect fail-safe and a good “checks and balances” for honesty. No reason to feel you have to go on somebody’s word to get them to do their job. Be a leader here, you have to be.

ive worked in a successful pizzaria for over 4 years now, the owner has asked me many times to become a manager but i dont want the pay cut (i deliver and make more than the managers, she dosent pay them shit.)

pm me. is this on grand island? if you make it worth my time…