X-11 Citation Project

I knew the guy that did those swap and he was good until drugs or something screwed him up! I got to ride in both and wished I was not wiped out from driving 14+ hours to his house, so I could drive them right:burnout:

The L67 swap is faster (four door model is a few hundred pounds heavier), since another friend bought the SS citation from him. He did his own 4.9L swap and is now rebuilding that motor for more HP and tweaked towards the lighter vehicle. The person that sold me my x-11 did a 4.9L swap, but with a MANUAL transmission!

i give you credit for doing the engine swap on a hill :nuts:
need to convert car to manual. the one we had was a blast.
good luck on rest of car

That did sucked, but glad we did not have put in a RWD engine with transmission attached. Wish he’ll get access to backhoe sooner!:rant:

The dang injectors set us back almost a week! EvilbayTM saved the day with $150 for all Six!:smiley:

Definitely. Not going to see many v-8 citations on the road. Nice work!

wish the v8 citations were mine, but I just recovered and hosted the lost website for info purposes.

Need to get my body cleaned up and painted on the cheap. There is dent just behind the gas door, but the body is fairly good otherwise. any suggestions?

Maybe metal replacements for the missing corner pieces?

bgblockelcamino can hook you up on the paint. I’ll vouch for his paint work for sure.

Saw this car at Starlight Friday. It’ll look good in some paint.

Yesterday, she had no power and sluggish. Clogged cat converter was our guess, so limp her down to my friend today.:doh:

Not only a clogged cat, but pieces ended up in the muffler… Bought a cat for my GP, but never had a chance to use it, so we spent about an hour at Advance looking for the right adapters for the cat and the new muffler: Trasher Turbo.

Had to fix part of the cradle, since the bottom bushing no longer did anything useful. Someone messed up the body nuts, so a future project has been put on things to do list…

Well got part of that done! Put down some primer today.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/749596/5

Looks great bud! Those 3.8 swapped Citations were very slick. I’ve never even looked twice at one untill I saw this thread, good stuff.

it looks good so far body wise the primer looks good on it. try not to leave it primered too long I hear that’s bad when you try to paint it after being primer for so long. good to see the project coming along so well. I want to see the 3.8 project at a track when I return home. I’d also go flat black or gloss black with the color then do the X-11 in silver. I just like black on cars for some reason. I’ll see you in like a month maybe the car will be painted by then :dunno:

I plan to take it down to metal again, since this was a protective move to prevent further surface rust. It will be much longer unless a paint deal falls in my lap…

Just scored some rare parts last night: THREE mostly intact Bumper Fillers, two decent running boards, two more front corner markers, Trunk Interior (needs painted), and another Gauge Cluster with trip odo!!! All for $60!

One of the bumper fillers needs repaired, but still mostly intact. Need to sand and prime them as they are Black right now, but a bath of rubber protection stuff first…

Good stuff, I expect pictures!

Got three bumper fillers installed, both running board pieces, KYB Adjust-a-shocks in the back, discovered the interior won’t fit 85 (was earlier interior pieces), and hopefully will get the window felt installed from a 84 skylark that I found somehow…

why?

sounds like it’s looking good. I guess I’ll see how it looks when I get home. I guess the cab is still trashy though? later bro

Cab needs work, but hopefully get a bunch of things cleaned up in November when I visit a friend. Better carpet, replace seats, and maybe more…

Just replaced the Front Struts with Gabriel Guardians, had the one bearing plate repaired with magic of extra grease and pressure, and changed the one tire due to the outer edge was eaten. Red Neck Alignment with a level will help that from happening for a bit.

Found I need a new Rack & Pinion, swaybar bushings, both ball joints, and engine cradle bushings before adding the strut tower swaybar and rear swaybar.

what you should do is put racing seats in it relinquish the back seats for weight. and then install all new carpet. and you’ll be set too bad my car won’t be plated when I return home. :sad: I just want to drive something manual. guess I’m going test driving on leave.

Poly engine and Control Arm bushings just arrived! Which is a good thing, since my car needs aligned and those bushings will keep the Drive Train from moving much.

Less torque steer and cradle movement will greatly improve the cars handling. Still need to locate a low ratio rack for my car in the “right” price range…cheap :wink: