X-11 Citation Project

After a late night replacing the passenger side control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, Ball joint, new poly dust covers for tie rod & ball joint, and bolt/bushings for the back engine cradle.

Some shop that replaced it used a bolt that did not have enough threads to tighten correctly and grade 5 (should have been grade 8). The difference is amazing after replacing all those worn pieces. Will do the other side after I get the rack & pinion replaced due to where the rack is leaking…

Well just got “new” front and back seats, Console, Door panels & Carpet (these still need installed). Once everything is installed, it will look a heck of a lot better!

Two new BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires was a birthday present! Just need to finish up the steering and other side of the car with bushings.

you got any picture of the new seats and everything or is that in your cardomain page?

Need to clean them first and install the door panels (with real solid rubber on the window trim ;), but my friend has a some nice cleaning machines that will make the job nice. Too bad the carpet sucked and won’t clean up, so still need to find a FWD A-Body with a gray carpet…

Depending on what happens, I might have another X-11 to work on in month or two:

Now need a place to store it and work on it, since my friend got screwed…

Need a few interior parts, paint and body work (to remove dents).

I want to install a 5-Speed Getrag 282 on my 3300 V6, since it can be done on an L67 and other motors. This car came with a 4 speed Manual, but was upgraded to a rare Eurosport 5 speed that my friend “borrowed” for another project car.

[QUOTE=SP71Supra;694311][/QUOTE]

Why not? The Citation X-11 is a decent car that needs a bigger motor to make it roar down the highway. Cheap and easy to swap parts from the later GM cars.

good luck

Not hating on your project… just didn’t know if they held value, or you could do some kind of super swap into it… just didn’t see why you would put all kinda money into it, thats all.

My brother is weird and likes weird things I asked the same question of why he keeps sticking with this same platform of the Citation X-11. He has a weird taste in cars I hope he can get a project started soon so that we can pit our projects against each other.

It makes him happy, thats why. Why the hell do you think I have two mullet mobiles?

I fell in love with the vehicle after own a standard 84 two door citation and the x-11 added many features that I love: rally wheels, blacken chrome, better motor, hood scoop/spoiler, and bucket seats. Cheap to fix and can take several nice motor upgrades.

Anyone have a small truck and a car dolly? I need to pick up a car out near Reading, PA soon… I’ll cover gas/tolls/meals, since I am poor…

Thanks Pewter for your friend’s number! He picked it up, but still have not gotten a home for my car yet. The person who is going to help me went to SEMA and did not take me with him :wink: , so I have to wait impatiently to get my x-11 in hand.

Got a ton of swapping to do! Drivetrain, gas tank, interior, brake system pieces, suspension, and some minor repairs to get her good to drive again. Until I can afford a real engine swap and a paint job…

Im glad to see you rolling on it again…are cars are cousins…X-Body

Finally she has arrived and when the temps go to a reasonable level, I take some pictures and update my cardomain page. Anyone gifted with much free time and like to swap parts :wink: ?

when you getting the other car to start swapping parts

Well I have a door jam problem that could be bad with this car, so I would like a body person to determine how bad. I have the parts car already and had an estimate how much it might cost to fix (the original wrecked x-11) and I have been try to find a resting spot to put her.

Might have to fix the wrecked car, but the new car would become the parts car and it gave me many options that my other car did not have (power windows and lock, defrost rear window, nice water bottom and strut tower cover, and remote starter). Plus I need the fender, sub-frame, and more from this car to fix that.

Just need the door strikers repaired and a small hole on the floor, but I’ll scrub down and treat the rest of the floor rust spots when the weather improves.

Swap the seats the interior for now. I have the cars next to each other soon, so that will make things better. Need to pull up the carpet for the transfer… Both cars had the same interior piping colors, so that does make things nice. Need to see which door pieces are better and keep an eye out for better switches as they are worn.

Finally got the parts car behind the replacement, so there will be some sanding and rust treatment to get the interior started for the moment until I can get a few things for the engine/tranny swap.

Who would be a good person to talk to about repairing my door strikers and pin for the door, so I can lock it :wink:

Made a deal to have the engine/tranny swapped, so I can get rid of the wrecked car and only deal with one car to store.

Got to love auto software trades…