X-Box 360 vs. PS3

Ok. Simple.

For X-mas, I got $225 in gift cards for Best Buy, so I need to spend them there on something. Biggest things for me are either Playstation 3 or X-Box 360.

Some people on here have both, some have one or the other, and I’ve played both. So I will state the pros and cons of each that I know of, others please chime in.

X-Box 360 Pros:
Forza 2- Enough said. Best racing game ever made.
X-Box Live- I like the overall set-up and how everything works. Especially that it doesn’t just show how well you are in one game, but all.
Controller- I like it A LOT better than the PS1/2/3 controller. Feels a ton better.
Lifespan- It’s been out long enough for most/all bugs to work out so not so many “red ring of deaths” and such.
Price- Much cheaper than the PS3.

Cons:
Online play isn’t free.
Doesn’t come with wireless or a Blu-Ray (or the HD DVD) player. And before ya’ll say “you can buy them” you must think, you have to BUY them. With both the HD-DVD player and the wireless adapter, the cost goes well over that of the PS3.

PS3 Pros:
Blu-Ray.
Ports- A ton of them lol.
Graphics- With a 1080p HDTV, they’re amazing.
Wireless internet.
Big hard drives. Even the smallest HDD is bigger than the X-Box 360’s.

Cons:
Still very new.
Controller. I hate it.
Internet glitches are common.
$500 for a toy?

I’m still debating on all of this because I really don’t know exactly how much I’ll be using either of them if I get them.

No damn games for PS3, my buddy bought one a while ago and still only has one game for it (fall of man). We cant wait for GT5 to come out or solid gear…but they keep delaying them. Oh and since he bought it the price has dropped $200.

Wait for the games to come out if your gonna buy a 3.

Ive had ps3 and i just got xbox…go with xbox…i think ps is better for sports games I dunno why i Just do…But xbox online is so much better…with party system, you can chat with friends who are playing other games while you play a game. Has most games that are on ps3 and then some…cod 4 is amazing online…

I have a friend that has had 360 for over a year and recently got a ps3 too… hasn’t touched his 360 since (its actually been sitting at my house for over a month)

every week or so I do a game night at my place and several of my friends have 360, but they never get brought over and no one ever asks for it. Always Wii and Ps3.

GT5 should be insane. It better put forza in it’s place.

ps3! (fyi, I don’t have either system)

…cod 4 is amazing online on ps3 as well.

I’ve had my xbox 360 for about 7 months, and just got a ps3 as well. Cossey knows from previous discussions that I was all 360. well…thats sort of changed. the ps3 is truly amazing.I still like my 360, but the graphics on the ps3 truly are insane.

and one thing that is NOT correct about your pro’s and con’s. The 360 STILL has tons of glitches. the new systems even die (the halo3’s/elites/pro’s etc) so do NOT think since its been out, microsoft has done something to fix their problems.

the only way GT5 will put forza in it’s place is with graphics, it has nothing else on it imo.

oh, and i’d buy a 360 with wifi and hd-dvd for more than a ps3 any day.

HAHA…what??! It’s not even out yet, so how can you possibly even say that?

if you say that you’ve played the GT HD demo on ps3 and thats where you get your opinion from then I will laugh even more.

If you want it for entertainment and high def movie watching then Ps3.

If you want it puerely for the games then Xbox 360 imo.

I cant think of 10 games I’d like to play on Ps3 that are out now, and there are tons of great ones for 360.

more games will come in time. 360 had a year head start, it should have more games. Thats a poor reason to buy a system that should keep you busy for the next several years. Think of the future.

yeah that is what i was basing it off of, guess i should bite my lip til it comes out and i have a chance to play it, but the idea of it sounds pretty stupid, i mean the whole, you get xx amount of cars to start with but there are xxx amount of cars you can buy with REAL money, and comes with x amount of tracks but there are xx amount of tracks you can buy with REAL money

however i haven’t really looked into it, thought gt HD was basically a demo for gt5, guess im mistaken, sorry to offend :rofl

GT HD is a demo for GT5, but that demo has been out for a long while and I wont be surprised if the real thing isn’t better. Plus the demo doesn’t have any of the customization or car/track selection the real thing will have, so it’s extremely hard to judge just on the demo. I’ve played the demo a ton and have played forza2 too, the demo impressed me A LOT! All my 360 buddies agree. We play the demo (drift part especially) all the time and rarely if ever play forza. Forza is an absolute great game, but I really think (hope) GT5 will be better.

We’ll see…

the only thing for me is achcevments, ps3 dosnt have. the only other thing is thats GTA4 was suppose to be playstaion only like its always been, so there selling out and going to xbox, besides that ridculous point GT5 will have no competetion. ps3 has only been out for a little while, better graphics, and sure it donst have 2324324 games out like xbox but give it time. plus, they keep lowering the price. theres still pros and cons to each system, just depends on what you like and want, not everyone else.

i can’t justify buying either just yet…mainly because i don’t tend to play video games that much. although i will admit that i love my wii and some wii bowling or guitar hero 3.

i’ve played both though, and each system has it’s pro’s & con’s. right now id put the 360 ahead of the ps3. but that’s only because the game library is ridiculous. in the long run if you want a system thats going to be around alittle longer, and have a better game library once the developers actually learn to create games and harness the systems real power, then the ps3 is the way to go.

im waiting on the new socom to come out…that will most likely be when i pick up a ps3. socom 2 for ps2 was one of the most addicting games ive ever played. so im excited to see how it will be all redone on the ps3.

btw…best driving / racing sim is the GT series. GT5 is going to be nuts. forza is fun, but still it doesn’t compare.

Forza is more arcady, GT is more sim.

Sim’s are great to a point, at a certain point you want entertainment out of it, instead of not being able to race your car because your ball joint went, and you have to drive it to a shop to fix.

The 24 hour Nurburgring race in GT4 was a perfect example of that. Most people just put it on spec B and let the car drive itself for 24 hours. Whats the point of having a game if it’s going to drive for you?

I know nothing about console stuff. I went to buy one of these a few months ago on a whim and ended up with a 360 because there were no games for PS3 that I wanted to play.

I also remember waiting 1.5 yrs+ AFTER the first release date for GT4.

Cossey, if you want to spend money on a tits racing setup, get a baller gaming PC and GTR2. Wheel, racing seat, etc. It’s the shit.