PS3 or X-Box 360??

[LEFT]I am looking to get my son either a PS-3 or an X-Box 360 from Santa? Can anybody give me the Low down on the 2 machines. He is 7 so he is not really into Online gaming. Can someone give me the advantages of each. Dad may also do a bit of playing on it:headbang:[/LEFT]

online is better for the 360…
PS3 is the cheepest blue ray machine you can buy…and It will have the new granturismo.

I guess it depends on what kind of games you play and if you want blue ray

xobx has better selection right now and xbox live is outstanding. Blue ray is sweet but since its a sony technology you can put money on the fact that it will fail.

lol

it seems like the games you like are the deciding factor.
i happen to enjoy lucas arts games, and as such i would was xbox360
rubicant is uber ghey and like FF games, so i am sure he is all about the PS3
howie is hawaiian so he likes his old school nintendo so he can play california games
http://www.everyvideogame.com/play-nes-California_Games_(U).htm
siqqqq

X-Box 360 >>>>> PS3 in terms of game selection

Might change in the future, but for now I’d say 360.

well, if its for your kid… he actually may enjoy the Wii more.

but if it was between the 2, and he doesn’t play online… a ps3 may be more worth your while for the blueray player alone. The Sony home thing looks cool too, whenever it finally goes live

I bet game selection starts coming around. I saw on the news yesterday that PS3 sales have doubled since the price cut.

Both are great systems. Look at the games for each and the games that are coming out for each and decide which your kid (and you) would rather play.

40GB PS3

use this coupon at Kmart(expires soon) and get it for $319

games out for PS3 that your kid might like
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Eye of Judgment (interactive card game with a camera)
Need for Speed: ProStreet if he likes to race
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground if he likes skating games
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
NHL 08/2k8

For you:
Assasins Creed
Folklore
Warhawk
COD4
Heavenly Sword

Does PS3 play ps2 games? I forgot…

360, fuck that sony overpriced shit

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated keep it coming.

yes

the 40GBs do not but the 20s, 60s and 80s do

u have to ask yourself…

Pirates?

or Ninjas?

Actually, id have to say Xbox 360, until PS3 game programmers can catch up the the power of the system its kind of overkill, plus there are alot of games out for 360 im sure you (i mean your son) would enjoy.

I got my xbox from my ex box

There is no such thing as Santa.

That being said…360

PS3

Get both like I did. I would get the 360 first and then the PS3 when the game selection becomes more abundant.

:word: I’ve had my PS3 since earlier this year (first price drop) but I’ve barley played any games on it. I use it more as a BluRay player.

Xbox Live is much more polished and streamlined than Sony’s offering for online service.

love my 360, play it all the time. Got a friend who has both, for over a year… said hes played his ps3 8 times