X-MEN Review

If you were a fan of the first 2. You will be slightly disappointed.
If you are a marvel fan, you will be excited, but not exactly happy with the movie.

Overall I give it 1.5:tup: out of a possible 2. I think that is actually kinda high, but I was so stoked about the movie… I couldn’t only give it 1:tup:

I don’t want any spoilers in here.

BTW - MAKE SURE YOU STICK AROUND FOR THE SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

^^^^^^^^ except i give it less :tup:

i knew they were going to have to tread carefully with this movie, and it just wasnt done “good enough” to live up to what it could have been. i really think they dropped the ball with this one.

maybe there were too many charecters to try and fit into one movie. alot seemed to be happening, yet it kind of dragged on with no real timeframe to reference. IMO they tried too hard to make it dramatic instead of just accurate.

and yeah, stay around for the after credits scene.

I was in the same theatre as the above. It was terrible. Too many mutants in too little time. It was so full of mutants, it was hard even for marvel purists to figure out who was who. Some twists, some stupid shit and a surprise at the end. You have to see it if you are a fan of Xmen. I give it a 2.5 out of 5…

Thats weak, so like another 3 years? Please tell me gambit is at least in the background of this one.

nope, nightcrawler is nowhere to be found either. i have my issues with psylocke in this one too if it was in fact her. they only say her name once. multiple man is pretty cool. and imo rogue is nowhere near in the movie enough. the more i think about this the more angry i get

joe

What the hell is a 1.5 out of 2? So is that like a 7.5 out of 10?

:lol: i was thinking the same thing.

just dont set your expectations too high… and you will be fine with the movie.

Yeah, they totally went on a different path with Rogue…

:word: i thought it was pretty good, but coulda been better.

“do u know who i am…”

…GUYS WHERE WERE UR CARS???

I though the movie was pretty weak. I’m sure all of the comic faithfuls will see it, but I think most will be disappointed.

Special effects were awsome, they could have done more with beast I think. I didn’t like how much they screwed up the charecter bios. Ofcorse you can’t expect them to get into the whole shi’ar empire, though gladiator would have been sweet lol. Also…Juggernaut is NOT a mutant, he gets his powers from a mystic crystal…so the part at the end is inaccurate, although his comment to Kittie was awsome!

I give it :tup::tup::tup:/:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Oh yeah…and ofcorse Wolverine was totaly badass.

oh IT’S THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH

ding. he does have mutant powers i think, but they have nothing to do with him being so strong. another thing i didnt like is there was no acknowledgment between him and xavier, them being half brothers and all.

Or that Megneto made his anti-Charles helmet.

^ yeah, I didint like how the helmet looked.

That was terrible. I was waiting for Halle Berry to break out her catwoman moves, but apparently she lost those after she lost her acting skills.

It just reminded me of a terrible episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed.

Horrid. Story line bounced all around…

Not even Judi Dench could have saved this movie.

: POSSIBLE SPOILERS :
You guys are not fans, so don’t pretend to be.

Juggy - NOT A MUTANT
Cain Marko got his powers from the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak from the temple of Cyttorak. Its powers are mystical, and not MUTANT.
Though Vinnie Jones did a great job playing the role, they should have made him Hulk sized, and used some CG to make him huge. Juggernaut starts off at like 90… where The Incredible Hulk starts at like 75, like Thing. Eventually, after becoming enraged, Hulk will surpass 100, Juggernaut starts out much stronger. His helmet was ok at best. His suit was not an accurate representation of what I have grown to love… but neither are the suits worn by the x-men. I was hoping Wolvie would wear some yellow/blue/black with the mask… but oh well, maybe in the Wolverine movie in 07.

Psylocke did not even play a part… her character was played by an asian actress… which means she is in her most current state… telekinetic…and her psychic weaponry/projectiles. NONE OF WHICH MADE AN APPEARANCE.

Callisto played too large of a role. SHE IS A FUCKING MORLOCK FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!
And where did she get her fucking superspeed/teleporting? WTF??? She was hot though.

Iceman is made out to be a sissy. He is a fucking Omega Level Mutant… there are only like a handful of these guys around…(Elixir, Iceman, Jean Grey, Mister M, Franklin Richards, Quentin Quire, Rachel Summers). I know in the beginning he was a wuss cause he didn’t know how to control his powers… and Xavier prevented him from tapping all that potential. If this is indeed young Iceman, why are the other new school; x-men, and villains around? Anyway… Iceman would make a popsicle out of Pyro without even thinking about it.

Angel!!! WTF?? Put him in every trailer like 10 times… and then have him just be a panzy the whole time. Real fucking great… You know he was an X-Men before he became Archangel… make him do something cool.

I don’t like Cyclops (due to the cartoon) so I won’t go there.

Halle Berry said she wouldn’t return as Storm unless more of Storm’s potential was shown in the movies… but come on, who really liked the weather witch anyway?

Quill also played too large of a role. Where the writers got their villains for the brotherhood I will never know. Where was the Blob? He could have been sweet.

DEF SPOILER HERE
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU HAVE COLOSSUS AND JUGGERNAUT IN THE SAME MOVIE AND THEY DON’T EVEN FUCKING MEET EACHOTHER??? DID I FUCKING FALL ASLEEP DURING SOME SWEET ASS FIGHT SCENE??? WTF??
I was happy to see the fastball special… but come on…

Looking forward to see what Marvel will do with this one.
/rant for now… until you noobs put more noob content in my thread :wink:

I gotta go see this.

Work owns my ass for the next 3 days tho :frowning:

ok, good, so psylocke wasnt in it…i couldnt remember if thats the name i heard or not. i still thought juggernaut had a mutant power…my mistake.

i cant agree with you more about your angel comments. very dissapointing. but imo you cant have a good angel plot without getting into the mr sinister saga…so maybe it is best IF they are leaving it for another movie/s

my gripe with colossus is no accent whatsoever. but the cgi does look really cool with him