Xbox 360

I saw a few go for around $10,000. But my understanding is a group of people were out to sabatoge (SP?) the auctions and bid them up really high.

eh fuck it I;m waiting for PS3 and even then I’m in no hurry…

rumor has it that its not comin out til 2007 now cause there havin cooling fan issues.supposedly the system is so powerful that it burnt out the fan they had runnin it.and i also hear that there usin some kind of dvd player called blue something and when released its gonna be around 600 bucks

The ps3 will use Blu Ray technology, which only about half of the industry plans on supporting cant think of the other… dont know if this will turn away some of the game manufacturers. On another note the 360 has 3 processors and all of the games out now only utilize one of them.

i heard of people selling their spots they put money down on. But these kids were buying like 25 reservations at a time supposedly. I doubt anystore would let you reserve more then 1 per person.

All-in-all… to much money, I would rather plunk down 400 towards a dual core PC(heh barely enough for the cost of the processor) then buy a 360 at this point. FUck, I just bought my Xbox a god damn year ago.

i got it out of my family that my sis is getting me this for christmas…from the people who dont like it…why not?

for the people who do, is it really that better than the last system???
also i hear the game sout now arent even using 1/3 of the potential of this system, is that true???

Yes, look 2 posts up!!!

umm… i don’t know about all that…

regarding cpu usage… i mean one runs the box and one runs the video graphics… so how can one 1 of 3 be used?

there is a lot more to cpu usage and non-usage than software programming…

i think a more rational explaination is that some current games use all the processors equally while some can thread processing to be processor specific to utilize ‘better’ cpu usages.

ya know? kinda like a 64 bit system.

yes… ti’s new… the gameplay is different. (even between call of duty 2 for xbox and call of duty 2 for xbox360, 2 totally different games)
madden is sweet… it’s a good system…

however, i would suggest it to be used wtih high def…my buddy stressed the difference in gameplay and visual aspects between high def and a regular TV (really, as expected)

so i’d plan on oging high def if you are getting one to get the most out of it.

Thats just what I read in an article

yeah… i’m going to have to read a little more into it… although i thought that i read from M$ that the specs stated there was a dedicated CPU to graphics processing so that nothing is taken away from it just to run the games and wahtnot.

dont have a high def tv for myself yet, im livin with my family for the next few months so i really dont have a desire to buy a new tv til i buy a house

I find it kindof cool how the original xbox came out later then the ps2 and the new one is out almost a year before the ps3. I think Sony was waiting on the “super” chip it will use, they went in with intel, toshiba, and a few other companies on a highly advanced chip. Im curious to see if microsoft can turn a profit this time around.

Official PS3 Specs

Here are the official technical specifications for the PS3, taken directly from Sony:

CPU
Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

• 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
    total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance
2 TFLOPS

Storage
Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O
USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-RO