Xbox modders. Quick question.

I remember somebody saying that the best place to download xbox 360 games was newsgroups?

I was contemplating the flashing of my drive to be able to play burnt games. Now first I was looking to see if the availability of games are out there. I checked some newsgroup servers and with no luck to find any games available for download.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also I found some on torrents but not a whole lot.

every game released is out there

go here first.

newshosting.com–sign up
then go get grabit
then goto newzbin.com and download anything ever released.

thats where i get all my games from.

what are you looking for, if you’re in the buffalo area we might be able to work something out.

Yeah I’m on Elmwood in Buffalo.

BuickGN that works, I’ll sign up and take a look when I’m home later.

100pk DL disks: check
Newgroups to download: check
Flash drive: ???

Heres another question, to swap the HD drive in you have to take the xbox appart anyways right? So in doing so does everybody who buys the $200 drive void their warranty? I just don’t wanna rip apart my xbox and void the warranty (since its not mine, however my brother did give me the go ahead)

So as long as Live still works, I’m good to flash!

The process for a softmod it very involved and complicated. At the least you will need a specially prepared linux disk, no fear of bricking the console, and no fear of frying the computer you will have to use to complete the Harddrive locking/unlocking.

Boardjnky4 is better at explaining it than I am, since I have only done chip mods.

mike, i think hes talking about xbox 360.

if not, ill stop back

OMG, im fucking dumb, SORRY I need to learn how to read.

Yeah xbox 360 lol

you cant do anything with the HDD except put pics, saved games and music on it, its not like the regular xbox where u can store games and shit. First off it can only be a Western Digital SATA BEVS HDD. Second it uses the info from sector 16 on the HDD, which is signed, so u cant just throw a 500 gig drive in and expect it to work.