Xgates IMAX

You, you rich bastard. Soon you’ll be too busy with the yacht club to come around here anymore.

I agree with the OP 110%. I’ve seen a real IMAX in Boston I think it was, and it was way better.

One thing I hate with theaters is the FUCKING MOTION BLUR! I’d rather watch a movie on smaller screen just so I dont notice it.

Wait they actually show normal movies, like Transformers2 or Avatar, on the 70ft screens? I have seen a real IMAX, some movie about dinosaurs, in Florida. I always thought that “IMAX” showings of normal movies was only on the smaller screen… my mind is blow. But yeah the sound is crazy at Crossgates.

nvr been to imax

^ Wow out of all people here I figured you would’ve seen an IMAX movie by now!!!

who wants to go with me and watch something? i want to see legion and avatar still. i never go watch moves as soon as they drop, ever.

Legion sucked, Avatar was worth the few extra bucks to see in the IMAX theatre though

Yea I heard Avatar was good as far as the picture being amazing, 3d or 2d. But the story line was very predictable.

I hear Avatar in 3D was epic, they dident try to make shit pop out at your face like most traditional 3d movies doo… it was more to make the picture/detail itself stand out much better…

^yeah, only in the action scenes did shit really “pop” out at you. the plot was so-so in my opinion but the graphics were the best i’ve seen short of the under-sea IMAX i saw at the boston aquarium

Thats what i saw, yeah that undersea is sick!!! I want to see the space one soon, i dont think its out yet.

I’m glad this thread was made as I’ve seen Avatar this past week at Xgates, I paid the $5 premium to see it in Imax. I’m still in confusion as to what exactly I paid the extra $5 for? Just to claim that I’ve seen in at an “Imax”? I can do that for free.

Last Imax I’ve been to is the NYC one, and let me tell you, that’s well worth whatever the money they are asking. If the movie is good, I’ll gladly pay $20/30/40 they ask, because it’s marvelous.

While Avatar the movie was great, I have a feeling I’d hardly tell any difference if I saw it in regular 3D at a regular theater.

that shit was mind-blowing right?