XM Radio

wrong

no, im actually right. if you do the same thing to the bose such as replacing the head unit, itll do the same thing to the monsoon, as well as the mach460. Theyre pain in the ass systems is what they are.

We all know theyre different components, brands etc. But their style, is the same.

Now, I’m not a pro at car audio, but I’ve been down this same road before with my old 2001 Mustang GT. If you swap the head unit, you’re going to lose the factory amps. Now I know they make bypasses and what not, but thats beyond me. I just know for a fact you can’t swap the HU, without doing anything special and keep the factory amps working. Same with the Bose, and the Monsoon. Hence why I said theyre the same.

no u aint ,bose head unit only works with bose speakers,moonsoon u can use any speaKERS!

I have the BOSE amp / 10 speaker unit in my Denali w/ factory dvd navigation w/ the OEM XM unit connected to the NAV unit… and it KICKS ass… since it has the 7 inch screen… you can see the names of all the pre-set stations, etc… also the name of the artist / song… I never listen to CD’s anymore or FM… I couldnt even tell you the last time I paid for a CD! Get XM you will love it… fuck Siruis.

that has nothing to do with the problem I’m facing

1.) I do not want to replace speakers
2.) I do not want to replace factory amps
3.) I really don’t even want to replace my stock Head Unit because it’s a pain in the ass
4.) I still want a good sound quality coming out of my speakers when using XM though

WELL THEY AINT the fucking same!!!

they all present the SAME problem when you do what I’m trying to do. Basically what everyone else in this thread has been saying. Powered factory speaker systems suck when it comes down to changing components

well I do know that my factory GM nav unit will plug into any 03+ chev as long as it has either a bose or monsoon system… but I do not believe that is an actual Bose DVD nav unit… its a Delphi unit… if that helps any… so if anyone out there wants a NAV unit for their 03+ silverado / envoy / trialblazer, the 03+ escalade nav unit will plug right it. all you need is the nav unit, gps antenna, and dvd US map disk.

correct… and you too slow… what i’m saying is that all you have to do is feed one fucking wire a switched 12v current and the speakers work without the OEM HU… i have a monsoon unit in my car!!!

but dont the speakers sound like ass?

i know when my friend put an aftermarket headunit in his camaro he had to put in a different amp and rewire all the speakers

no because i retained the OEM amp…

honestly, it’s probably different between car makes… i’m just saying… if you owned a mk4 vw from 99 to 01, you were told by crutchfield you needed to rewire your car… from 01-02 they realized that demand is rising and actually looked at the problem, the solution is 1 12v wire… now any 99-04 mk4 vw is plug and play.

yeah i bet you its the same as ours sonny, if you put in an aftermarket HU. just don’t hook up the K Wire!!!

So anyway, if i want to keep this simple. Is FM modulated the way to go?

if you were to get the XM i would say get the roady 2… it has a wireless FM built in. you just tune your radio to the station and boom you are on

hows the quality… i mean i dont want absolute shit, I’d still like a good quality sound (better than conventional radio)

its like listening to the radio

bah!!

my point from page 1

i work at the waterfront, ok check out out pick up the roady, if u dont like it u have 30 days to return it…also with the roady u can take it from car to car and its real easy…
pending on if u have a nice place to put it i personally like the commander, but its for the car only, and its made by XM
as for all the other crap in this thread just keep ur factory shit in there its to nice to replace unless u go all out and to go all out adds weight and forget that…