XM Radio

Anyone know of any good deals on FM Modulated units currently running right now for the car?

Reason why I need to go FM Modulated is because the damn Mach 460 sound system in the cobra is all tied into the head unit.

There are a couple ways to go…the delphi roady2 it has a wireless mod…and ant. is small and can go on dash. thats like 130

or u can go the XM commander it is a wired mod that like 160, but it is cleaner then the roady…

if i had a nice car with a nice deck already in it (such as 6 disk in dash) i would pick up the commander… as for sound quality its much better wired in then wireless

p.s. i work at best buy
joe

dunno if this will help you… they sell a piece here so i can hook up my XM to my stock HU

http://www.enfig.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/shophome.html?E+scstore

fm modulated = teh suck for clarity.

sonny, they make an adaptor so we can plug it right into the CD changer control! thats what i am getting

neat… i actually have a sony xm ready cd/mp3 player… i’ll probably just toss that back in for xm

xm is sweet

i was thinking about putting in my alpine head unit, but i like the way the stock one looks.

problem is, if i change my head unit, i have to change every speaker too

fmf which best buy?

ummm… what? why would you have to do that?

no you don’t… that’s what they used to say about the volkswagen Monsoon system and running subs… (you have to wire out the oem monsoon amp), meanwhile :rolleyes:

so yeah… why exactly do you need new speakers all the way around?

you have to forgive, im not a car audio guru, but I’ve seen what happens when you replace the mach 460 head unit. The speakers seem to lose all power, and the factory amps, no longer turn on

then it sounds similar to the vw setup… the radio’s ‘k-wire’ was the supplimental power source for the OEM amp.

although i know nothing about the cobra’s speaker system… i bet you could wire it up… might be a PITA… maybe someone that works with speakers knows better? :dunno:

take out that amp, add good one, problem solved

infact, use the money u thought you had to use on speakers for a decent brand small amp if you still want good quality

yea, it can be done sonny, you just gotta know how to wire stuff right

no guessing :nono:

Bose and monsoon radios work off different ohms so if you replace the radio it will throw it all out of wack…but there are radio stores that sell a box that can convert it for ya…

all i would talk to the people at www.crutchfield.com

ok, best way to put this. After owning two Camaros with the Monsoon radio, which is just like the Bose. The Mach 460 thats in the Cobra now, is the same setup as those two.

as i stated, this is not always the case… my monsoon works fine with an aftermarket HeadUnit as well as an after maket AMP and speakers.

Your vehicle is factory-equipped with a special sound system. If you replace your factory radio, you will need to replace your factory amplifier(s) with aftermarket amplifier(s). The free adapter supplies connections for power and ground only.

bose & mooonsoo aintthe same

theyre the same setup, different components… powered speaker setup, thats tied into the HU.