XP 64bit vs XP 32bit

which one and why?

i dont do any gaming

i run photoshop, dreamweaver, flash daily . basicly if i am on the computer im using one of those programs. if not all 3

meh u probable wont see a noticeable difference. i have photoshop on my laptop 32bit and on my desktop 64bit and it is faster on my desktop when u are cropping, resizing etc but my desktop also has 3x the memory than my laptop

xp 64bit is a pain to find drivers and shit for. not very worth the hassle IMO

i never had a problem with drivers

i’ve been running vista 64 and xp 64 dual boot

only problem I have had is print drivers, everything has worked fine…

64-bit has been tested to run 32-bit apps approx 33% faster than your conventional 32-bit OS. Now with that being said, unless the software you have is written to be supported by a 64-bit OS, they will not install. In your case, I would DEFINATELY setup you system for dual boot in case you have issues installing your software. I ran XPP-64-bit for two weeks but at that time, i had issues with drivers for NIC, Sound and video. So I went back to 32-bit. Just make sure the software you want to install is supported before you make a whole lot of work for yourself.

64bit security is different then 32bit…MS is only developing security patches and crap for the 64.

ide stick with 32 bit for now

Ive been running 64XPpro for a year now. and havent had any problems. other than a driver or two but there is usually a fix that can be found. I just had a problem with the printer driver froma Cheap Lexmark printer. which i threw out anyway. all the Hardware & devices have worked fine thus far. & Photo shop & illustrator do run quick on my 64 bit machine.

ok thanks for the input guys, i think i am going to try the 64bit for a bit and see how it goes.

Source on this, please…

DrDos I have your disk, just get at me later.