Yahoo started recruiting...

I got a phone call/email today about open positions.

NOC Tier Supervisor
Service Desk Technician Lead
Data Center Manager

If anyone needs a job now would be the time to apply.

My friend is already hired @ yahoo.

You better not take a job at yahoo before you hook me up with free roadrunner

you didnt get your free roadrunner yet?

hrmmm I what what other positions if any I might qualify for?

BTW LZ … I did appreciate the hook up for free internet . I just can’t believe you even got the guys to come hook it up lol

Where do you work for Yahoo out of your house?

going to assume these are jobs at the new datacenter they are building in buffalo :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably the giant datacenter they’re building…

Awh I wasn’t aware of the new building ban being lifted in western ny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool beans though techies, get at it!

I heard one of the big reasons they decided buffalo was due too our cold weather, which can be pumped in and used directly for cooling. Hopefully this will spring up some more data centers.

Uhh no

It’s still just as much work to get the correct humidity

well yeah, but it’s free cooling.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

:tup: we are getting close. The buildings are mostly up, ponds dug, utilities in. You should see the electrical utilities that are in there :eek:

Edit: Negative on the cooling. The building has a very extensive HVAC setup to control all that.

I would love to work there. I have a feeling that they won’t need anyone with my skillset though. :frowning:

Looks like they are using outside cooling…it makes sense

Yea?

Humidity, containment’s, those 3-4 months a year its actually warm here…

I would love to see how they plan on cooling high density server racks with just outside air in June, July, August

Well I’m sure they have HVAC systems in place also. But it would be stupid IMO not to pull air from the outside.

uh… everything uses 100% outside air to cool things…
How else would HVAC heat exchangers work… I have not seen any that use water.

edit: if they do use outside air somehow, they will have to filter the shit out of it 1st.

I helped build a datacenter about a year ago and we researched multiple cooling methods…

You can’t just pull outside winter air in to cool a data center…