Yahoo's Plans Unvailed...

http://www.wkbw.com/news/Yahoo-Expansion-Plans-Unveiled--224146011.html

Sounds like good news, also heard they want to build a full campus here, I hold out hope a job up my alley will open up.

Construction to begin October 2014, I hate when this shit gets pulled, so we have over a year until it may start being built, why don’t they just tell us a month before it happens, so we know it’s actually happening, a lot can change within a year. If it all works out it’ll be good for the area though.

Because it takes people like me that long to get everything in order.

If there’s one thing I about construction, which is very little, after working internships at Danforth, no construction project is ever started or completed on time.

Please announce that Yahoo is coming after someone officially puts the first shovel in the ground, until then, keep it quiet, it’s annoying.

More tech jobs in WNY…Yes please. I’ll probably apply based on what’s available.

Uhhhhhh, I’m pretty sure Yahoo is already here? This is just more of an expansion for a call center that will bring 150-200 jobs. I was just at a seminar that Yahoo put on about this and it is further along that anyone knows about at this point…

Lockport could definitely use some good news. :tup:

Nobody from lockport will be working there lol

Unveiled

And here I am with a nice rental situation a couple of miles away. Nice.

I have actually thought about moving to Niagara County, not for work but land and space

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Always better to get in before the new jobs so connections and experience can be built.

Maybe they will hire security engineers/architects out here :smiley:

it would be nice if they had some mobile developer position open up there

From what they told us at the seminar I attended, this expansion is mostly for a customer service center and a data center.

Also a fun fact:

“In 2010, Yahoo, Inc. opened a new data center in Lockport, New york. It was the company’s first use of a new environmentally friendly design that relies in large part on western New York’s cooler climate. It makes use of the prevailing winds from Lake Ontario and low cost hydropower from the NEW York Power Authority to keep the 120 ft. by 6 ft. server buildings cool. That significantly reduces its electricity use so that its power usage rating is nearly half that of the industry average.”

I’ve had the prints for almost 6 months. I’m on campus all the time. I’m looking forward to the next two phases of this project.

I work there, when will you be there again?

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

There is more than just that.

We have many SRE/SME individuals at the Lockport office.

Just because the jobs are not specific to Lockport, doesn’t mean that the job can’t be moved to that office.

My promotion was not in Lockport but I am working from the Lockport location.

Probably next week. I had a tech on site today out back for the better part of the day working on H.

I have had the plans for about 5-6 months too… Bid the project a couple months ago, now it’s out for re-bid… Looks like if we get this we will be laying pipe in the winter again.

OMG, you guys have the plans? SO COOL

yea this is what I was curious about the bigger the office gets the more I assume they let people take whatever position and work from there.