yard work

Does anyone know how much it would be to have someone come over and move 15 cubic yards of dirt and rock from my backyard? I bought a swingset and need to level out a hill to put it up. My wife wants me to get a shovel and start digging, but i’m way too old for that shit. :slight_smile:

I also need to redo my sidewalks which would be about 5 cubic yards, anyone on here do concrete work?

perfect oppertunity to rent a bobcat…

:evilgrin:

how much are they?

and who rents them?

that would be fun as hell, i’d probably drive it through my house though

no clue and no clue.

thanks for the help :down:

:smiley:

:bigthumb:

just grab a shovel its easy… and concrete work isnt hard… just buy the shit and mix… pour and smooth it out. easy

5yards of concrete is a whole shitload of mixing
15 yards of rock/clay/dirt is a shitload of shoveling

i’m too old to do that much manual labor, i’m a sissy. :slight_smile:

pay jeremy to do it if he thinks its cake :smiley:

bobcats are usually 100-150 aday and they also deliver for an additional amount.

My uncle in law has a back-ho. I can get you his number.

done it by myself before

Put a sign out on a busy road “Free Fill, you haul” and people will stop by and get some!

quit being a fucking pussy and put some arm into it…

dude i can talk to my GF her company does construction and many other things in community development and i know for a fact that she just bought a brand new bob cat and a dump truck so i’ll ask when i see her tonight.

I think the rental centers have bobcats. You’re in the South Hills - try Taylor Rental 412-653-7200. There’s also Farnham & Pfile out by me at Rt. 51 & 70. I’ve rented a cement mixer from them.

get a couple guys together for a weekend and have the concrete delivered in a truck. I had a cubic yard delivered to my house when I was fixing a section of the driveway… if you give them the dimentions they will even let you know how much you will need. then when they will ask you if you want a wetter or drier mix. If you get a wetter mix you have more time to work with it and it is easier to smooth over (usually done on level surfaces). Direr mix shortens the time you have to work with it, but it won;t slide on an incline. We had a drier mix done due to the incline.

(These pictures were from 3 months afetr we moved in.)

It was the first project I did due to having to get my car down into the garage and couldn;t due to shitty halfassed repari work the pervious owner did.

The last two pictures are what it used to look like. The bad area was 10 foot wide and 3.5 foot long. We replaced a 10 x 9 foot section and dug down about 14 inches to leave a nice base.

Its easy be a man :smiley:

I am a cement laborer/finisher I can help

Gil-con wants 360/day and Taylor rental wants 280/day that includes delivery.

The only problem i can see is time. I just don’t have any.
Oh well, maybe if I just stare at it long enough it will finish itself :slight_smile:

Nick2517 - I will definately be asking for your expertise when the time comes, thanks

how soon do you need this done? my brother does some masonary work on the side and has a bobcat, but he is pretty busy already, i don’t think he could get to it fo at least a month.