Yaris turbo. go figure... it wont come to the US

ding ding ding… power to weight people! and toyota reliability > gm reliability, i like it

yaris TRD is pretty sweet

things i would change are the rims/tires(too much rim) and custom turbo kit.

yaris is actually a great car, got the chance to drive a few of them and actually the stock ones get up and move for a 1.5, they aren’t bad at all

the turbo one must be a fun little car to drive

:tup: to toyota

The new Camry’s got a 270bhp V6. Wasn’t it just a few years ago that that was what a Z28 made and more than a Mustang GT?

Anyhow, the first time I saw a side view of a Yaris hatch on the street from the distance I thought it was a Corbin Sparrow. These things are fucking smaaaall.

http://www.drtomorrow.com/what_new_images/2003_Corbin_Sparrow2.jpg
http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2007/07.toyota.yaris/07.toyota.yaris.340.jpg

It looks like a fucking toy. I’m sure the crash test ratings are good, but there’s something to be said for momentum. I wouldn’t feel safe in one.

Truth. The 99-04 Mustang GTs were 260hp and the early 4th gen Camaros were 275hp I believe. Hell the current Mustang GT has only 30 hp more than the Camry.

ill make sure this doesnt turn into a flame war by saying i wasnt talking up GM or any other manufacturer in particular, i guess people must really sweat reliability cause just seems to me like new toyotas have zero character. Camrys, Corollas, etc. just create a big “meh.” They haven’t had a legit performance car here in ~10 years, and the only styling of theirs that stands out to me is those god-awful scion xBoxes, dont know if its the xB or xA. Power-to-weight is all well and good, but given the choice of two cars with equal perf. specs, but one can fit you, your friends, and your shit in it without a can opener, they can keep their power-to-weight.
The recalls on every model in 1 year was probably just a fluke, but if they lose their reliability edge, mainly perceived but actual too, seems like the incentive to buy one just wouldnt be there. I’m not a be-all-end-all GM guy, my final car choice was between a GTO and a G35 coupe, and it was close.

then again, i’m just a domestic driver. im sure theres people out there that dont have the slightest interest in any given brand.

Hmm, I’m surprised. It is actually 7 inches longer than a Mini. Maybe it deceives me because it’s shaped almost exactly like a bubble. Whatever. I don’t exactly have a small dick, but I’m not confident enough to drive a Yaris. :touchy:

the thread is about a Yaris… compare it to an Aveo then. does the Aveo wow you with its styling? your starting to compare apples and oranges :wink:

toyotas are a bit bland, but do you remember what one of the best selling cars in america was for a long time? the ford tore-ass. if thats not as bland as the all american ned flanders i dont know what is.

toyota is making what sells to the masses, and obviously doing good job of it.

the yaris is the new civic EG… cheap, light, and modable. its been the vitz in japan for a long time, so there is already a huge aftermarket for it, unlike the scion line; however, it shares the same engine as the scions (always has) so now it has an even larger aftermarket.

hm…ford toreass…well played, sir.

americans suck.

:wink:

Hm. Not my bag, but it probably would be fun to drive. Either way it’s nice to see fuel efficient cars actually selling in a land of H2’s…

ROFLMAO at the thought of you in that little ass car.

they be over priced but the dealerships cant even keep them on there lot. my neighbor is trying to buy one and has been on a waiting list for a little over a month now.

its amazing what a good marketing dept can do i guess