Toyota's new AE86?

Toyota’s New AE86

Seems very low on HP in this day and age of ever-increasing HP, but at under 1000kgs, it seems to be that the HP/weight ratio is acceptable for a fun RWD car.

Comments?

looks pretty hot, hope it makes it to the canadian market?
very low hp lol. im sure that if its 120hp in japan thats like 60 hp in canada with the way they are goin on lowering the hp numbers.
good find tho. looks cool.

subie driveline… can’t go wrong with that… be interesting to see, if it comes to fruition, just how much of the GD driveline can be incorporated…

ya but if u read the article it says there getting the wieght under 1000 kg’s which will make the 120hp seem like more cuz of the light wieght, and im sure there will be optional engines and things u can add on to get it really going

buy it sans motor.

pick it up at the factory.

put in an SR or KA

omggggg 120 at 2200lbs car… vs my s14 130whp at 2850 lbs car//// he wins lol

That would be beyond amazing if it came to market. Cheap, small, light, good on gas, rear wheel drive fun. Hell, I might even buy something like that new.

The original 86 had like 90hp and it was fun as hell so this aint all bad. I’m more worried about the size of the engine then the power. I mean the KA was 2.4 so you have something to work with even if the stock hp is only 155. At 1.5, it’s a small margin. I mean if you turbo it, you’ll get 300whp and 130 lbft torque? loll

I would be down for buying one if it came out. Looks decent too.

I really hope the car will be 2200lbs as the article says. Cars these days are all heavy because of all the safety garbage that they have to have :S.

I’d buy that in a heartbeat… you know TRD will have a supercharger for it :smiley:

from the rear it looks like a mini celica…

that would be an awsome DD. and as long as would be less than a skyy/solistice it would sell like neon underlights at a civic meet

i’m sold on it if it comes to canada, fuck old used cars.

too bad it won’t come here since we always get shafted.

[QUOTE=simplemind7;248406]i’m sold on it if it comes to canadaQUOTE]

+1