New ae86/corolla gts rwd 2008!!

this would be pretty cool to see this actually happen. But says it should be valued at 13k starting off with a rwd platform.

It is an interesting concept but I do not like the styling. Looks like Toyota’s rendition of the new civic. They should make it look more like the old AE86, just updated a little. I hate it when they come out with remakes of old cars that look absolutely nothing like the old version. How is this a remake of the old corolla? Just because it is RWD and light does not make it an AE86. I can’t believe I am saying this but they need to take a page from Ford and Chevy with their remakes of the Mustang and Camaro which actually use visual and design cues from the older models.

its really hard to say what exaclty its going to drive like. If its like the older ae86s… they arent the most apealing by look but when you drive on… yes its an underpowered 4cly that just revs… its really fun to take bends.

it would be just another POS toyota

I’ve been hearing this rumor too. Except I heard they were debating using a scaled down Lexus IS platform and either the 1.8 motor they shove in all their small cars or maybe even the 2.4 outta the TC. Either way, might start a small car RWD war among some of the companies. Unlikely, but I can dream lol. I’ll probably pick up a used S2000 and call it a day.

that sucks to hear

looks like a old 03 style celica (rear end) and newer scion (front) mated.

for 12g’s i’d rock one.

if it can weigh under 2500 lbs I’ll be first in line to get one

I don’t care what it looks like, if its cheap, light, and rwd its all good. Nissan is rumored to be putting out something similar (the urge concept was an early study). Also, Hyundai and Kia seem to have rwd sporty cars in the works as well.

but on other note sounds like a fixture that i can put an LSX motor in.

sounds like a stupid recipe to understeering your way into a telephone pole

I really hope they don’t fuck this car up with needless crap like panoramic glass roofs, power steering, power windows, 18" wheels, and a dozen airbags. the only thing it should be optioned with is a helical LSD

I’d buy one today if it lived up to those specs (and have the motor ripped out tomorrow for any one of a number of possible replacements)

Yea the Hyundai RWD prototype has been all over the place. Suppose to be the confirmed next Tiburon.

wow things just bounce from rr-ax to racepa to here. I read the same thread four times inside of one hour.

The real question is will these ever make it to market. Lots of companies have dabbled in cars like this, some even making it all the way past prototype stages and media attention only to scrap the project quietly after the noise dies down.

no real interest in the hyundai if I wanted a porker I could buy a 350z or even a gto when they were in production

so its a rwd car which is nice mite replace my fav the tc… but only 120 hp? like wtf is that worse then a civic and 51 hp worse then the tc… wut r they thinking it should at least be 180 or above… come on toyota wut r u thinking

but other hand it does look real flashy :smiley:

I agree. so who wants to buy one and chop it up to get a supra drivetrain in it?

well its supposed to weigh under 2200 lbs the new civic weighs 2900 which is quite heavy. this should be the lightest car sold in america right after the elise, and exige…

I would eventually expect a hot version with more horsepower so I might hold out a little while

you obviously dont know toyota :rofl: