New AE86!

Ok it’s a concept, but it looks pretty close to a production model.

Not sure if I like it, but I’m thinking it will outdo the Genesis as far as new $20-$30k Japanese RWD coupes go. Toyota + Subaru…should be interesting.

i don’t see the production model looking like that. But its a lot better then the gay celica impression they released earlier. Hopefully they clean the lines up a bit on the outside.

I m hoping this car is nice, i want a new car.

->mitsubishi/hyundai vs. toyota/subaru
This car wins hands down…im loving this style

Hopefully they’ll continue on with the “S16” plans.

That thing is fuckin sexy. They better bring that to Canada. Toyota has produced no sports cars for a while now.

looks ugly if u ask me I dunno whats with all this future looking shit…anyways it will change hundreds of times b4 it comes out

looks like rx-8 meets gtr 1/4 panel

Toyota’s President Captain Obvious has said the automaker is in desperate need of an excitement injection, and here’s the first dose: the Toyota FT-86 Concept.

They’ve been seriously making the lamest cars up till now, I dunno how they didn’t realize it earlier that all their offerings are gay as hell.
I don’t see this beating the Genesis though, I highly doubt cost-effective is in Toyota’s dictionary.

not liking it at all, to futuristic.

that would get my $ over the gensis

genesis meets bat mobile.

I dig it, kinda. Wouldn’t catch me driving it though.

Almost all new cars = fail in aesthetics’s.

That’s just me though.

Im Still Liking the 07 FT/HS Concept
http://images.automobilemag.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702_b+2007_toyota_ft_hs_concept+4.jpg

well toyota/lexus needs a nice two door coupe/sports car. Better be RWD!

It’s a concept, so it definitely will be a lot different. Especially the interior, I don’t see them releasing such a sports car at 20k like that.

Reminds me of the Genesis.

I’m very interested in this car, I hope they make the body more round/smooth. Definitely not a fan of that sharp creases on the front bumper and in the rear, plus that valances need work to. Inside - not a fan of that center console but I really like the seats and clean, simple doors.
Lightweight, RWD with low mounted engine, great handling and $20-25000 price range - I can’t wait to see and test drive the final version of that car.

let’s hope Toyota makes something close to this, instead of just making retirement family cars, boring interiors, and cars that massage the road rather than rip it! lol

I wouldnt mind it, we need new 20-30 thousand dollar RWD cars, I love the genisis.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOXdKcdpZ8&feature=player_embedded

Polyphony Digital, the guys behind Gran Turismo, work very closely with the automakers – especially the Japanese ones. Since this video features the car and the old AE86 drifting, you can bet that Toyota has placed some of the design focus on the FT86 on this motorsport.

Looks sexxed.

I want to see a new rwd Honda sports car

Car looks like everything else out there. No originality. Should have gonewith a retro look and screming 4banger with a turbo option. Fail on the power plant and styling. Just my 0.02cents. Having said that they will probably sell if priced right.

Peace