Yea splitefires are pimp but

these are pretty pretty toooo :oops:

http://ziptied.com/forum/files/msdcoils_164.jpg

I dyno’d my car today at pauls! It is running good but im having some boost control problems due to a lost actuator and a ghetto rigged stock t25, so when i fix that up and have some constant boost i’ll be able to do a hp pass. I htink i’ll go to tag as well to get the dyno done so its the same dynometer to see if the msd coils actually make more power.

well its also a different motor. and a different tune. but you know

oh and boys with the header wrap around the downpipe turbo and exhaust manifold the turbo glows red hot for like 3 minutes after you do a hard pull. Like honestly. 3 minutes. There is a small spot on the turbo that isn’t wrapped (the area for the acutator) and when i looked in there i couldn’t believe my eyes. It was almost translucent it was so red and it wasn’t even after very many hard pulls. This exhaust wrap really keeps heat in. So well infact that im worried about my turbo blowing up!

Looking good dude…

glad to see you got it up and running again sasha…i think i’ll take your advice on recirc.

^open

hahaha, FINE I’ll run it open and see how i like it, if i hate it i’ll recirc.

i hate you all

sasha did you wire the coils up like that site i showed you…interested to see…i may go that route myself soon depending on how the rb like’s big boost.

stock coils see 12v+ off a 30a fuse, a trigger from the ecu (that goes through the ignitor chip first) and a ground.

The msd coils do not seem to need the ground as i had guessed (it was only a guess since i really dont know how coils work)

but the car seems to be running famously, it started up first try and has a lot more aggressive throttle response, not to mention it doens’t break up under load anymore. Or at least i dont think it does.

i’d like to know more about that set up… what is the cost difference between those and splitfires?