yeah so old people probably shouldn't be driving.

So monday night I’m cruising home from working in the ghetto.

Corner of bailey and clinton right under the bridge.

There is a ton of traffic, nobody is going anywhere.

I’m cruising in the f150, saying to myself how well those sandbags in the bed are helping me get better traction.

I’m doing about 10-15mph, just rolling.

I’m in the left lane, this guy in a 97 subaru outback is in the right lane.

He goes to stop to avoid hitting the car in front of him, and he can’t.

So what does he do?

Jerks the wheel to the left, and jack knifes right in front of me.

I slam his side door, and push him into the other car.

So he jumps out, I see its this 60-70 year old dude.

He’s wearing pajama bottoms, and those indian leather bed slippers.

He’s acting totally spaced out “yeah its no ones fault”, “yeah its pretty icy out here”.

Meanwhile myself and the other girl who got hit are taking down his insurance information, and other stuff.

He’s going on and on “oh your truck just has a scratch on it” “oh i’m on social security and fixed income”.

His subaru has two big dents in the side doors on opposite sides. One from me, one from the other car i pushed him into.

The f150 looks good, thank god for metal bumpers. Just needs a grill, lamps, and some work on the bumper.

So i get home, and get on the horn to geico (his insurance company). I talked to the dude for probably 30 minutes. He was asking me every angle of the accident, all kinds of off the wall stuff.

So he’s like ok i’m going to call this guy up and get his take on it, i’ll call you back in 10 minutes or so.

Dude calls me back, he’s like ok justin his story was the same as yours, and we are finding him at fault for this accident, and not you. We are going to run everything through his policy. You can go and pick up a rental car at such and such a place.

I say to him, yeah so can I get a truck seeing as I drive a truck. He’s like usually its a compact car but i’ll see what I can do. No guarantees.

I cruise over to the enterprise lot, the girls like yeah justin I have a 06 dodge dakota 4x4 reserved for you, is this correct? And geico is picking up the tab on this one for as long as you need it.

Good deal.

I’m working with my bodyshop to get lightning headlamps, and grill put on the truck so it should be pretty neat looking when its done.

sucks about the accident but that’s awsome that they hooked you up with the rental and the truck is getting a few upgrades…

Those dakotas are actually quite nice.

LOL NICE :tup: that’s some pretty good luck actually

I’m blown away by the new dakota.

Feels like a new import truck.

Its really that nice.

This one has like 12k miles on it, and someone took it off roading and dented it up, but its still very nice.

4 door crew cab, short bed, 4wd.

It makes my truck feel like an old dirty piece of shit.

Its got a v8, i’m not sure which one. The truck is way more peppy than my truck, has way more power.

The inside of it is like driving a car, the seats, how everything is laid out, everything.

Very sharp looking also. Too much money for me though, and a paid off f150 with new headlamps on it will be just fine so long as it runs good (which it does).

:tup: for it actually working out. Let us know how it turns out in the end.
I work a few blocks from there, on New Babcock.

Yeah I’ll get some pics together.

Its going to look really badass when i’m get it all together.

The 98 f150 has those nasty headlights from the factory, the new projector lightning ones are much nicer.

Another story of Geico and great service.

nice…

did you both have geico?

yeah we both had geico.

sucks about the accident but that’s awsome that they hooked you up with the rental and the truck is getting a few upgrades…

Those dakotas are actually quite nice.

hot… i was wondering because you should NEVER call up the other insurance company and give a statement. thats what your insurance company is for :slight_smile:

geico FTW

Yeah but if you have an accident and tell your insurance company, even if its not your fault it comes up as a not at fault accident on your record.

When allstate had to pay when some uninsured dude hit me, it came up as a not at fault accident on my geico quote, cost me about 100 bucks extra a year the rep told me.

wow awesome job on geico’s behalf, but ill never use them as for me they were quotes at 2000/6mo. which is absurd when i pay half that through progressive.

:thumbs up: either way

Who told you that. You should go smack them. Any accident I have ever been in, my insurance never know about it. I always call the other guys insurance, it’s the best way to go. It’s sometimes takes a little longer than usual but you don’t take the hit on your insurance.

:tup: to it working out for you.