some dork hit my car

… in the rear quarter panel, driver’s side. it’s a '94 ford t-bird with the 4.6, has good paint - it’s a good-looking car, i bought it at 40K, replaced the trans, did a few more things to it…

i’ve never had a nice car before, i really like this thing :frowning: /rant

anyways, it’s completely this other dude’s fault - he admitted it right off, i have all his insurance info… my question is, what do you do now, go to different body shops and get estimates? do i call my insurance co or his first? the hell do i do? we didn’t call the cops, just traded info. it’s not like my car’s slaughtered, just about a 10"/6" indentation and some traded paint. but dammit, it looked good before and i want it back exactly the way it was.

thanks for answers to my stupid questions - i appreciate it. glad i’ve gone this long w/out getting hit, though.

CLIFFS NOTES: always stop at stop signs, kids… ghetto got fuX0rd :tdown:

EDIT: he had some dude with him in the passenger seat - i don’t bring my friends to work with me… i wouldn’t do that to anyone.

No witness?

lets hope he doesnt give his insurance company some bullshit story and try to stiff you. In any case… CALL your insurance company. ASAP. Describe the incident so it is on record. Give them the guys info.

Go to any decent shop for a estimate. Gerstners collision on Main in Williamsville will do a perfect job. The insurance company will send a adjuster out to look at the damage and basically accept the estimate.

oh yeah, forgot all about them - i remember that one thread where you and some others said to get at them about touch-up paint, which they were Awesome with :tup:

Also, if the repairs cost less than the deductible, make the other guy pay for it, rather than the insurance…help keep rates low.

just called and reported it to my insurance co…

albino what do you mean-or is it nonapplicable to this now that i’ve called my co?

pics?

tomorrow, gotta get my dad’s cam and upload a couple. can someone host?

should ahve never told your insurance company … your rates go up no matter what now… should have just called his insurance company

email them to me at lowrollerchevy@aol.com, ill host them

then after you get the $, bring it over so i can hammer it out and fill it :slight_smile:

and only reporting it to HIS ins company doesnt matter, as the ins companies always call each other and bicker back and forth about the money anyways

Yo

You better hope you didn’t get hit by a scumbag.

Without a police report… it’s your word vs his, unless it is very very obvious

and NYS is a no fault state, which means, you both pay for your own damages, and both insurance go up.

good luck

Hope everything works out, did this happen at the adelphia lot?

always always always always always always call the police.

otherswie You’ve done fine.

Accident -> call cops -> trade info -> call ins. company -> take it to shops for estimates -> get it fixed -> pay deductible.

My rates did not go up for the accident that i was in, of which it was deemed not my fault - BY THE POLICE REPORT.

lets see a 94 tbird…6-8" indent???..on the rear quarter…hopefully its not called total because thats an expensive job to fix that.

werd… hate to say it but its the truth. same thing happened to my fathers 97 tbird. he just said fuck it and drives it with the dent. not worth fixing

Yea, I got hit when my car was parked… had witnesses down the street who saw the whole thing thank god… The woman Denied she did it, even with two witnesses that saw her…

Had to call the cops… glad I did, made everything 100% easier…

EDIT: Just make a paper trail as long as you can… the more evidence you have on the accident the better.

dude called his insurance co, mine called his - he wants to pay for it out of pocket

we’re getting good here, just need to get an estimate from gerstner’s and get this done. i don’t care how much it costs, i LIKE this car and he’s admitted to all fault on his part.

yeah, guys - if i call the cops and can’t cover my time, i get FIRED from my job, car accident or not. car nothing, it wasn’t worth that.

haha $1,223.77 from gerstner’s

NOW he wants to go through insurance, his is new york mutual

“thas a rot of money” (JDM demolition expert)

“yes it is” (ghetto)

Glad its getting taken care of.

pictures?