Yes or no

I have a gpN vent to install in the car but I don’t think it’s going to provide anywhere near the ventilation I will require in the cabin, due to some “minor” changes in the engine sub systems and related. Plus, I think the gpN piece looks like shit. AC is gone and racing windows-up is not going to help in keeping cool.

Came up with this last night and I’m about to pull the trigger on the flanger and start cutting shit up. Yes it will be fully functional and sealed, Yes it will have coolsuit provisions. Yes it will be done properly.

Jim and little red already gave me thumbs up…

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/SRi.jpg

I’m not putting lexan in the car so side naca’s are out… I definitely need some means of airflow.

discuss…

in that case, it gets the thumbs up from me. Side shot?

I’m confused which car is this in? the LeMons car?

If yes, then no, spend money elsewhere!

If no, then yes, you gotta stay cool.

side shot sits way high as it’s not recessed in the roofline yet. looks goofy on ti’s own so I opted not to post it… Will probably drop a good 1.25" when all said and done. If i did do poly glass, I’d put naca’s in for sure and ditch this idea completely but for now it’s going to be a partial DD and needs to retain the glass movement for those balls hot days going to/from work…

For those that don’t know…it’s an OEM WRX hood scoop… YES I removed it from the hood…there will NOT be two of these on the car(no intercooler anymore :wink: )

Since it’s actually functional, go for it.

go for it.

:rofl the lemons car DOESN"T need any more ventialtion trust me :lol

No, this is my other “toy” car I’m throwing together in a month here for this years adventures.

I might look better, or at least less recognizable as the hood scoop if you cut the width a little bit:

I dont’t know how much you want to bother with it, but just an idea

i was just reading this and TOTALLY forgot i was supposed to go flash the car for you yesterday :frowning: call me - life stories to share.

sooooo side shot

DOett

yeah, I was going to call you and tell you how horrible of a date you make :lol I’ll give you a shout in a bit…

it’s sitting ~1.25" high off the mounting studs at the moment…

looks good from the side.

Just get a functional roof vent kit. Save fabrication time.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1683/dsc5640.jpg

thats pretty cool actually…

Save fabrication time? You seriously don’t know me well enough :lol :lol

I have a gpN rally vent kit very similar to that. It’s NOT going to flow enough for the ventilation I will need to keep the cabin cool with the windows up and allow a cool suit attachment. Been in a few street cars with that vent and it really doesn’t do much.

Good, it’ll obviously look better too once the roof is flanged and the scoop recessed into the panel. The interior box I have roughed in on paper too.

cool.

I gotta say, that prefabbed one is damn sexy. :excited

inside yes, outside not so much…

function over form. good use of a recycled scoop.