yet another new guy joins shift...

Hey everyone, finally joined after getting frustrated with national forums and trying to negotiate parts pick up across multiple state lines and blah blah blah, we’ve all been there. But in case anyone’s bored today and feels like doing that thing called reading, I’m gonna tell you about my stuff.

The jist of it is in my signature, but again, if you’re curious…my most recent purchase is another f-bomb–an '88 WS6 81U bright red T-top Formula. Originally VIN’d as an LB9 H.O. 305, sadly it has been molested and swapped for an '86 TPI 305 with it’s inferior non roller valvetrain and perimeter valve covers. The previous owner(s) have some 10ga. wires spliced into the harness that bolt to the B+ terminal…wonderful. But the MAF/cold start management is going bye-bye to make way for a '90-'92 speed density set up.

Other mods on the list are some worked-over 58cc TPI heads, Summit cam/lifters (hold your comments), Summit roller-tip steel rockers, ported Corvette (non-EGR) baseplate, 5.7L injectors, good used SLP siamese runners, ported MAP plenum, 52mm throttle body, March aluminum underdrive pulleys (came with car), Hedman long tubes (came with car as well), Ed Wright chip, and AIR delete with a Zoom clutch.

Some more unique mods to the body/chassis may intrigue some of you. I’m paying hommage to a 1LE/Super Duty thing. Since I bought the car from a guy with Guns n’ Roses cassette under the seat, he did his own A/C delete which consists of a hammer to the evaporator box. Well done. $75 for a steel A/C delete box from the local junkyard fixed that and motivated me to take further steps. An idler pulley that is originally used on C/K trucks for non-A/C models was put in place by Axel, and obviously lightens things up a bit. $75 for a REAL 3-bolt 1LE A/C delete pulley is a little outrageous so this one works for now. And the C/K unit is made with less metal so…it’s lighter. Some things like the condensor are still in place with cut lines, and needs removal. Crawling under the car revealed the impact absorber had been removed, leaving just the Endura bumper cover and steel reinforcement bar…which has been replaced by an '82-'84 Recaro Edt. Trans Am aluminum crash bar. So with that, the rear impact absorber is being removed.

Anyone that knows real 1LE cars, knows they came with an array of delete options. This particular 'Bird will prey on lesser autos with a bunch of cool, retro-1960’s-factory-go-fast concepts. Alloy front bumper, A/C delete, AIR delete, radio delete, rear seat delete, manual locks, driver’s manual window/electric passenger window (Dodge Neon inspired), power hatch pull-down/release delete, acrylic roof panels, ABS rear deck lid spoiler, spare tire delete, all the while sporting an otherwise full interior.

Future upgrades are written on the drawing board as an L33 swap. LS1 swaps are becoming more and more popular among the third-gen world and Vortec’s are a little cheaper. The only alloy Vortec is a VIN “B” L33 5.3L that ONLY came in 2006/07 extended cab Z-71 Silverado/Sierra’s. The aluminum block keeps with the light-weight theme and the L33 comes with higher-compression pistons (versus typical iron 5.3L’s) and '01-'04 Corvette Z06 LS6 “243” casting heads with LS1 valve springs. It’s also the only truck motor to use a car base cirlce cam with a Vortec grind…which means an LS6 cam can be put in place and the rest of the valvetrain lines up. Some unpopular tuners have stuffed in an LS6 cam and LS6 flat floor intake on the L33 and made 371 dyno horsepower. Not bad for an $875 engine that runs on 87 octane…

Thanks to all that read this novel in full. Appreciate all comments.

I thought we had another mustang guy sign up with your s/n, but sadly your a GM fag :lol

Jk, welcome man!

Welcome and good luck with the project. Beware of the haters on here

Shut up Sean.

Welcome.

I wants alloy 5.3 as well. Im looking for a LM4 9.5:1cr tho…

Ok:'(

nice layout of cars ,i had a 87 formula , 85 iroc "actually 2 " and a aray of other f bodies .you will grow to hate them but welcome and good luck

Welcome, I have an '87 5.7 Trans Am GTA with some goods.

oh and if your interested a close friend of mine has a 88 formy 350 wit 85 k on it in good shape he wants out of it is black

lies all lies i tell ya :lol

wow…i feel dumb. forgot all about the LM4. thought about it for a magnacharger setup but i know that would snowball into a forged rotating assembly, and if i’m spending that much coin, i may as well go LS2 or 3 and i’m budget minded so an h/c cheap lightweight motor will do the trick. simple hot rodding theories. 371ish hp should be enough yank for a 3k lb f turd.

most healthy stock gm,s could wreck fords owners days

where are ya from and so on ?

I live in a little town called Livingston. Don’t pull on any Fords or Honda’s cause you’ll miss all it has to offer. It’s in Columbia County, south of Hudson, and east of Catskill. Places that aren’t notorious for dumb fast street (or strip) cars but not everyone’s from Hollywood. Also not to rant that my project is titled as “dumb fast”, but down here, children blabber about B16 swap this, and JDM that, and while I’ve dabbled in the Japanese engineering my self (a '98 EK8-or Civic EX 4 door that was intended to be a B20Z VTEC and EX-r clone that got sold to buy the '88 WS6 car), having 225hp and 197tq just seemed like it wouldn’t make the air blow around the car at rapid acceleration rates like my buddy’s '99 C5…or my brother’s '99 WS6 car…or my former boss’s '06 Z06. So I decided to get back in the RWD game for real. I’ve owned the stupid clean Polo Green Metallic RS Camaro for a couple years but that was the C5 guy’s and suffered some light front end damage from his not so talented brother in law. Still drives great and that was gonna get the alloy Vortec change with some 17" steel five spoke wheels from a G6/Malibu but it’s sticking around as is for now since it spent days and miles with my 1 of 8 gunmetal '90 WS6 car. But everything’s for sale. I vowed I was done with the SBC scene and sold my LT1 rods and other Gen. I parts. Now I own a Tuned Port motor and while everything costs money, it’s cheaper to mod that turd than do an LS swap like I want it done. And besides, just becasue we were all graced with amazing technology in '97 (LS1 debut), doesn’t mean the old small block makes less power. Last I checked, dad’s L31 Vortec still turned the torque converter and towed my Pontiac home from CT. And there is no fast Ford, so I’m good :wink:

dont worry im on gen 2 ancient technology in my 94 ,buttttt it still is quicker than other lsx cars on here

Forged internals in a 5.3 with a magnacharger. You dont know Parish do ya? LOL

dumpy whipz itt

jk, welcome!

says the fluffy bastard ,benny is your car runnin yet ? :ahh

Why not go with a 6.0? No sense in going with a smaller motor.

like? could i push it back and forth on my driveway in a light jog? yes