Yo delPrads 97 Jetta semi-build

Hmmm so you want my whole motor and how much cash?

So this is the kit im gunna pick up
http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/products/Kinetic_Motorsport_Stage2_MKIII_2_0L_Turbo_Kit_OBD2-492-136.html

thats alot of money, but a solid kit.

delprad put your own kit together, you can do it for a fraction of the cost, and get everything you want.

the air ride texas term was shouted many a time. and not trying to start something but we were shouting air ride texas up to them in there room the night they arrived. so i’m pretty sure kramer pete and i have the rights on this one…

yeah i duno man. either way, 8v turbo FTL.

^^^ def agreed

Yetti my car runs with no knocks/ticks…

thats cuz its a stock 8v. wait until its turbo’ed itll make some noises…

sucks you have obd2. you could make so much more from running SEM instead of that C2 30/36/42# garbage

Does anyone other than Yetti and a few others know whats ticking? Maybe its his muffler bearings?

yeah i heard that he has a bad MAF-bearing??

he forgot to rotate his pistons

no no no definently the headlight generator

So i called Kinetic and im gunna be upgrading the turbo for 100 bucks and getting the garrett 50trim instead of the rotomaster or whatever it is.

kinetic uses S/S for charge piping = heavy and holds heat. one big reason i disklike kinetic.

It will be ok for me im not looking for 1,000 hp just something to give it that little extra excitement

well, i hope you did your HW on these engines. when boosted they like to have certain issues that can result in catastrophic failure

Explain? Im only planing on running 6-8 psi.

well first, i’d get ARP head studs. also obd2 bottom ends were not forged cranks, rods or pistons. so youre 1 step back there. they oiling systems kind of suffer at higher rpm’s/increased demand. so id get an oil pressure gauge with a warning indicator. watch the EGT’s. buy a WB02 like an innovate LC-1 with DB gauge. sometimes the cooling systems arent up to snuff either… just gotta keep your eye on it.

I know about the engine not having forged internals like the OBD1 cars. Why should I replace the head studs? I plan on getting a wideband.